The work proposed a three-layer framework is proposed for mobile data collection in wireless sensor networks, which contains sensor layer, cluster head layer, and mobile collector (called SenCar) layer. The framework employ distributed load balanced clustering and dual data uploading, which is referred to as LBC-DDU. The objective is to achieve good scalability, and low data collection latency. At the sensor layer, a distributed load balanced clustering (LBC) algorithm is anticipated for sensors to self-organize themselves into clusters. In contrast to existing clustering methods, the scheme generates multiple cluster heads in each cluster to balance the work load and facilitate dual data uploading. At the cluster head coat, the inter-cluster broadcast range is carefully chosen to guarantee the connectivity between the Multiple cluster heads within a cluster cooperate with each other to perform energy-saving inter-cluster communications. Through inter-cluster broadcast cluster head information is forwarded to SenCar for its moving trajectory planning. At the mobile collector layer, Sen Car is outfitted with two antennas, which enables two cluster heads to simultaneously upload data to SenCar in each time by exploit multi-user Multiple-input and multiple-output (MU-MIMO) technique. The trajectory planning for SenCar is optimized to entirely utilize dual data uploading capability by properly selecting polling points in each cluster.
D. Mohanapriya, V. Priyanka
SenCar, WSN, Energy Efficiency, cluster heads, CHG
- K. Xu, H. Hassanein, G. Takahara, and Q. Wang, “Relay node deployment strategies in heterogeneous wireless sensor networks,” IEEE Trans. Mobile Comput., vol. 9, no. 2, pp. 145–159, Feb. 2010.
- E. Lee, S. Park, F. Yu, and S.-H. Kim, “Data gathering mechanism with local sink in geographic routing for wireless sensor networks,” IEEE Trans. Consum.Electron., vol. 56, no. 3, pp. 1433–1441, Aug. 2010.
- Y. Wu, Z. Mao, S. Fahmy, and N. Shroff, “Constructing maximum-lifetime data-gathering forests in sensor networks,” IEEE/ACM Trans. Netw., vol. 18, no. 5, pp. 1571–1584, Oct. 2010.
- A. Manjeshwar and D. P. Agrawal, “Teen: A routing protocol for enhanced efﬁciency in wireless sensor networks,” in Proc. 15th Int.IEEE Parallel Distrib. Process.Symp., Apr. 2001, pp. 2009–2015.
- M. Zhao and Y. Yang, “Bounded relay hop mobile data gathering in wireless sensor networks,” IEEE Trans. Comput., vol. 61, no. 2, pp. 265–271, Feb. 2012.
- M. Zhao, M. Ma, and Y. Yang, “Efﬁcient data gathering with mobile collectors and space-division multiple access technique in wireless sensor networks,” IEEE Trans. Comput., vol. 60, no. 3, pp. 400–417, Mar. 2011.
- S. C. Ergen and P. Varaiya, “TDMA scheduling algorithms for wireless sensor networks,” Wireless Netw., vol. 16, no. 4, pp. 985–997,May 2010.
- S. Jayaweera, “Virtual MIMO-based cooperative communication for energy-constrained wireless sensor networks,” IEEE Trans. Wireless Commun., vol. 5, no. 5, pp. 984–989, May 2006.
- S. Cui, A. J. Goldsmith, and A. Bahai, “Energy-constrained modulation optimization,” IEEE Trans. Wireless Commun., vol. 4, no. 5, pp. 2349–2360, Sep. 2005.
- Z. Zhang, M. Ma, and Y. Yang, “Energy efﬁcient multi-hop polling in clusters of two-layered heterogeneous sensor networks,” IEEE Trans. Comput., vol. 57.no. 2, pp. 231–245, Feb. 2008.
- B. Gedik, L. Liu, and P. S. Yu, “ASAP: An adaptive sampling approach to data collection in sensor networks,” IEEE Trans. Parallel Distrib. Syst., vol. 18, no. 12, pp. 1766–1783, Dec. 2007.
- M. Zhao, M. Ma, and Y. Yang, “Mobile data gathering with space-division multiple access in wireless sensor networks,” in Proc. IEEE Conf. Comput.Commun., 2008, pp. 1283–1291
|Published in :
||Volume 2 | Issue 2 | March-April - 2016
|Date of Publication
Cite This Article
D. Mohanapriya, V. Priyanka, "Dual Data Uploading and Load Balanced Clustering in Multiple Cluster in WSN", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science, Engineering and Technology(IJSRSET), Print ISSN : 2395-1990, Online ISSN : 2394-4099, Volume 2, Issue 2, pp.186-188, March-April-2016.
URL : http://ijsrset.com/IJSRSET162252.php