Device-to-device (D2D) communication is seen as a major technology to overcome the looming wireless capacity trouble and to enable new application services. In this paper, a novel social network approach for optimizing D2D communication by exploiting two layers, namely the physical wireless network layer and the social network layer, is proposed. In particular, the physical layer D2D network is captured via the users encounter histories. Subsequently, an approach, based on the model the distribution of con tents in the users’ online social networks, a algorithm for optimizing the traffic offloading process in D2D communications is developed based on the given the social relations collected by the base station. In addition, the Chernoff bound and approximated cumulative distribution function (cdf) of the offloaded traffic are derived and the validity of the bound and cdf is proven. Simulation results based on real traces demonstrate the effectiveness of our model and show that the proposed approach can offload the network’s traffic successfully.
Jagadeesh. S, Govindasamy. S, Nagarajan. G
Device-To-Device Communication, Social Network, Indian Buffet Process
- L. Song, D. Niyato, Z. Han, and E. Hossain, Wireless Device-to- Device Communications and Networks. Cambridge, U.K.: Cambridge Univ.Press.
- "Cisco visual networking index: Global mobile data trafﬁc forecast update," Whitepaper, vol. 10, no. 8, pp. 2752–2763, Feb. 2011.
- T. Q. S. Quek, G. de la Roche, I. Guvenc, and M. Kountouris, Small Cell Networks: Deployment, PHY Techniques,and Resource Management. Cambridge: Cambridge Univ. Press, Apr. 2013.
- C. H. Yu, K. Doppler, C. B. Ribeiro, and O. Tirkkonen, "Resource sharing optimization for device-to-device communication underlaying cellular networks," IEEE Trans. Wireless Commun., vol. 10, no. 8, pp. 2752–2763, Aug. 2011.
- C. Xu, L. Song, Z. Han, D. Li, and B. Jiao, "Resource allocation using a reverse iterative combinatorial auction for device-to-device underlay cellular networks," in Proc. IEEE GLOBECOM, Anaheim, CA, USA, Dec. 3–7, 2012, pp. 4542–4547.
- M. Cha, H. Kwak, P. Rodriguez, Y. Y. Ahn, and S. Moon, "I tube, you tube,everybody tubes: Analyzing the world’s largest user generated content video system," in Proc. 7th ACM SIGCOMM IMC, San Diego, CA, USA, Oct. 2007, pp. 1–14.
- B. Xing, K. Seada, and N. Venkatasubramanian, "An experimental study on Wi-Fi Ad-Hoc mode for mobile device-to-device video delivery," in Proc. IEEE INFOCOM, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, Apr. 20–25, 2009, pp. 1–6.
- Xingqin Lin, Jeffrey G. Andrews and Amitabha Ghosh Spectrum Sharing for Device-to-Device Communication in Cellular Networks
|Published in :
||Volume 2 | Issue 2 | March-April - 2016
|Date of Publication
Cite This Article
Jagadeesh. S, Govindasamy. S, Nagarajan. G, "Social Network Device-to-Device Communication in Wireless Networks", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science, Engineering and Technology(IJSRSET), Print ISSN : 2395-1990, Online ISSN : 2394-4099, Volume 2, Issue 2, pp.420-423, March-April-2016.
URL : http://ijsrset.com/IJSRSET162259.php