The growing number of restaurants and population of restaurant-goers have emphasized the need to enhance the working of hospitality industry. This paper aims at improving the quality of services and business of the hospitality industry by incorporating technology. A detailed study on the integration and utilization of technology in hospitality industries showcased that various applications based on wireless technologies are already in use enabling partial automation of the food ordering process. In this paper, we proposed about the usage of display units in each table/ cabin to swipe the food items that the customer is in need of in restaurant’s. This system is a basic dynamic database utility system which fetches all information from a centralized database. The wireless application (Wi-Fi) thus used is user-friendly, improves efficiency and accuracy for restaurants by saving time, reduces human errors and provides customer feedback. This system successfully overcomes the drawbacks in earlier automated food ordering systems and is less expensive as it requires a one-time investment for gadgets. In order to make the hotel management work systematic, standardization and automation, achieve the aim of improving the efficiency of hotel guest room management. This paper designs the hotel management system, the overall mission of system development is to make the office staff can quickly and easily complete the hotel guest room management task.
H. Shruthi Nandhini, C. P. Sunandha, S. Subasri, V. Sivaranjani
Automated food-ordering system, Wi-Fi module, Dynamic Database, Hotel Management, System Modelling, Design, Personal Digital Assistant (PDA), TFT (Thin Film transistor), GSM (Global System for Mobile Communication), GPRS(General Packet Radio Service), RFID (Radio Frequency Identification).
- Software Engineering by Ivan Marsic, Rutgers University.
- Ashutosh Bhargave, Niranjan Jadhav, Apurva Joshi, Prachi Oke, Prof. Mr. S. R Lahane, “Digital Ordering System for Restaurant using Android”, in International Journal of Scientific and Research Publications, Volume 3, Issue 4, April 2013.
- Soon Nyean Cheong, Wei Wing Chiew, Wen Jiun Yap, “Design and Development of Multi-Touchable E-Restaurant Management System”, in 2010 International Conference on Science and Social Research (CSSR 2010), December 5 - 7, 2010, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
- Shweta Shashikant Tanpure, Priyanka R. Shidankar, Madhura M. Joshi, “Automated Food Ordering System with Real-Time Customer Feedback”, in International Journal of Advanced Research in Computer Science and Software Engineering, Vol. 3, Issue 2, February 2013.
- V. Swapna, M. Firdouse Ali Khan, “Design and Implementation of Ordering System for Restaurants”, in International Journal of Engineering Research & Technology (IJERT), Vol. 1, Issue 10, December- 2012.
- Khairunnisa K., Ayob J., Mohd. Helmy A.Wahab, M. Erdi Ayob, M. Izwan Ayob, M. Afif Ayob, “The Application of Wireless Food Ordering System”, in MASAUM Journal of Computing, Volume 1 Issue 2, September 2009.
- J. A. Bardi. (2011). Wiley::Hotel Front Office Management 5th Edition. Available. http://eu.wiley.com/WileyCDA/WileyTitle/productCd- EHEP001784.html?filter=TEXTBOOK.
- Y. Ming-Ju, et al., "Multicast Services of Digital Television in a New Management Framework," in Intelligent Information Technology Application Workshops, 2008. IITAW '08. International Symposium on, 2008, pp. 296-299.
- M. Ben Ghalia and P. P. Wang, "Intelligent system to support judgmental business forecasting: the case of estimating hotel room demand," Fuzzy Systems, IEEE Transactions on, vol. 8, pp. 380-397, 2000.
|Published in :
||Volume 2 | Issue 2 | March-April - 2016
|Date of Publication
Cite This Article
H. Shruthi Nandhini, C. P. Sunandha, S. Subasri, V. Sivaranjani, "Automation in Food Ordering System and Bill Payment in Hotels using TFT Display ", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science, Engineering and Technology(IJSRSET), Print ISSN : 2395-1990, Online ISSN : 2394-4099, Volume 2, Issue 2, pp.202-211, March-April-2016.
URL : http://ijsrset.com/IJSRSET162261.php