This work presents power generation using Attic type (internally braced) air exhauster to generate the electrical power for industrial application.Generally power can be generated from renewable and non renewable energy sources like solar, wind, tidal, geothermal, coal, natural gas and petroleum. To satisfy the growing power demand the industry focuses on alternate energy sources like wind driven mills and PV systems.The installation cost for these resources is high and it also occupy lot of space.Morever power generation through wind mills induces noise pollution which affects our environment.To eliminate this problem designing an attic type air exhauster with AC generator, Regulator, Boost converter, Inverter, step up transformer will be liable to quench the energy demands.In this method AC generator is used to convert kinetic energy available from air exhauster into electrical energy.The output from the AC generator is given to DC-DC converter (rectifier, Boost converter). Boost converter which steps up the voltage, finally inverter is used to supply the power for utilization purpose . The proposed system’s output voltage is directly proportional to the speed of air exhauster. The proposed system is validated with the Matlab simulation and an experimental setup.
T.Rajesh, D.Velmurugan, G.Abinaya, l.Ahila, B.Saravanakumar, K.Thirumoorthy
AC Gonverter, Rctifier, Boost Converter, Inverter, Step-Up Transformer
- D. Velmurugan, G.Abinaya, L.Ahila, B.Saravanakumar, K.Thirumoorthy, “Design and Development of Power Generation using Air Exhauster for Industrial Applications” Vol. 3, Issue 4, March 2016 | ISSN (online): 2348-1439
- S.Vijaya Kumar1, Amit Kumar Singh2, Athul Sabu3, Mohamed Farhan.P4 ” Generation of Electricity by Using Exhaust from Bike” Vol. 4, Special Issue 6, May 2015
- Dipak Patil1, Dr. R. R. Arakerimath2” A Review of Thermoelectric Generator for Waste Heat Recovery from Engine Exhaust” Vol.1 Issue.8,December 2013.Pgs: 1-9
- Prathamesh Ramade1, Prathamesh Patil2, Manor Shelar3, Sameer Chaudhary4, Prof. Shivaji Yadav5,Prof. Santosh Trimbake6” Automobile Exhaust Thermo-Electric Generator Design &Performance Analysis” International Journal of Emerging Technology and Advanced Engineering Website: www.ijetae.com (ISSN 2250-2459, Volume 4, Issue 5, May 2014)
- R. Saidur a, M.Rezaei a, W.K.Muzammil a, M.H.Hassan a, S.Paria a, M.Hasanuzzaman b,n” Technologies to recover exhaust heat from internal Combustion engines” 1364-0321/$ -seefrontmatter & 2012 ElsevierLtd.Allrightsreserved.
- Jia S, Peng H, Liu S, Zhang X. Review of transportation and energy consump- tion related research. Journal of Transportation Systems Engineering and Information Technology 2009;9(3):6–16.
- Saidur R. A review on electrical motors energy use and energy savings. Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews 2010;14(3):877–98.
- Saidur R, Atabani AE, Mekhilef S. A review on electrical and thermal energy for industries. Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews 2011;15(4):2073–86.
- Jahirul MI, Saidur R, Hasanuzzaman M, Masjuki HH, Kalam MA. A comparison of the air pollution of gasoline and CNG driven car for Malaysia. International Journal of Mechanical and Materials Engineering 2007;2(2):130–8.
- Saidur R, Jahirul MI, Hasanuzzaman M, Masjuki HH. Analysis of exhaust emissions of natural gas engine by using response surface methodology. Journal of Applied Science 2008;8(19):3328–39.
- UNESCAP. Country Reports: Population and Poverty in Malaysia. United Nation Economic and Social Commission for Asia and thePacific; 2002
|Published in :
||Volume 2 | Issue 2 | March-April - 2016
|Date of Publication
Cite This Article
T.Rajesh, D.Velmurugan, G.Abinaya, l.Ahila, B.Saravanakumar, K.Thirumoorthy, "Hardware Implementation of Power Generation using Attic Type Internally Braced Air Exhauster for Industrial Application", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science, Engineering and Technology(IJSRSET), Print ISSN : 2395-1990, Online ISSN : 2394-4099, Volume 2, Issue 2, pp.482-487, March-April-2016.
URL : http://ijsrset.com/IJSRSET162269.php