In this paper we represent an approach for Human-computer interaction. In this interface we have tried to control mouse cursor movements and click events using hand gestures based on color detection techniques acquired using web-camera. This method mainly focuses on increasing human-computer interaction and make it easy in use in a cost effective manner.
Suraj Shetty, Shubham Yadav, Rohan Upadhyay, Prof. Vaihali Bodade
Hand gesture, Human Computer Interaction, Color Detection, Web camera, Background Subtraction, frame rate, Flipping of images.
- Erdem, E. Yardimci, Y. Atalay, V. Cetin, A. E. Computer vision based mouse, IEEE International Conference Acoustics, Speech, and Signal Processing, 2002. Proceedings.
- Chu-Feng Lien, Portable Vision-Based HCI A Real-time Hand Mouse System on Handheld Devices, National Taiwan University, Computer Science and Information Engineering Department.
- "Mouse Simulation Using Two Coloured Tapes by Kamran Niyazi, Vikram Kumar, implemented using colour detection technique.
- Hojoon Park, A Method for Controlling the Mouse Movement using a Real Time Camera, 2008, Brown University, Providence, RI, USA Department of computer science.
- "Vision-Based Hand Gesture Recognition by Asanterabi Malima developed a finger counting system to control behaviour of a robot.
- Dix, A. Finlay, J. Abowd, G. D. and Beale, R. Human-Computer Interaction, 3rd ed. Pearson Education Limited, 2004.
- Colombo, C. Bimbo, A. D. and Valli, A. "Visual Capture and Understanding of Hand Pointing Actions in a 3-D Environment," IEEE Transactions on Systems, Man, and Cybernetics, 33(4), University of Florence, Italy, pp.677-686, August2003.
- Mastering opencv with practical computer vision projects
- Learning opencv by Gary Bradski and Adrian Kaehler.
|Published in :
||Volume 2 | Issue 2 | March-April - 2016
|Date of Publication
Cite This Article
Suraj Shetty, Shubham Yadav, Rohan Upadhyay, Prof. Vaihali Bodade , "Virtual Mouse Using Colour Detection", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science, Engineering and Technology(IJSRSET), Print ISSN : 2395-1990, Online ISSN : 2394-4099, Volume 2, Issue 2, pp.639-643, March-April-2016.
URL : http://ijsrset.com/IJSRSET162294.php