Although recommender systems have been well studied, there are still two challenges in the development of a recommender system, particularly in real-world B2B e-services: 1) items or user profiles often present complicated tree structures in business applications, which cannot be handled by normal item similarity measures and 2) online users’ preferences are often vague and fuzzy, and cannot be dealt with by existing recommendation methods. To handle both these challenges, this study first proposes a method for modelling fuzzy tree-structured user preferences, in which fuzzy set techniques are used to express user preferences. A recommendation approach to recommending tree-structured items is then developed. We make the user to give the selection about the recommendations actually the user will give set of items which he likes.so the recommender system will recommend the items user like. The key technique in this study is a comprehensive tree matching method, which can match two tree-structured data and identify their corresponding parts by considering all the information on tree structures, node attributes, and weights. Importantly, the proposed fuzzy preference tree-based recommendation approach is tested and validated using an Australian business dataset and the Movie Lens dataset. This study also applies the proposed recommendation approach to the development of a web-based business partner recommender system.
Rishi Kumar N, Nanda Kumaru, Pandikumar K
e-services, Tree-Based Recommender System, B2B, Fuzzy Set, Smart BizSeeker, RDBMS
- G. Adomavicius and A. Tuzhilin, “Toward the next generation of recommender systems : Asurveyof the state-of-the-artand possible extensions,” IEEETrans. Knowledge Data Eng.,vol.17,no.6,pp.734-749,Jun.2005.
- X. Guo and J. Lu, “Intelligent e-government services with personalized recommendation techniques,” in Proc. Int. J. Intell. Syst., 2007, vol. 22, pp. 401-417.
- P. Markellou, I. Mousourouli, S.Sirmakessis, and A.Tsakalidis, “Personalized e-commerce recommendations,” in Proc. IEEE Int. Conf. e-Bus. Eng., Beijing, China, 2005, pp. 245-252.
- J. Lu, “Personalized e-learning material recommender system,” in Proc. 2nd Int. Conf. Inf. Technol. Appl., 2004, pp. 374-379.
- J. Gemmell, T. Schimoler, B. Mobasher, and R. Burke, “Resource recommendation in social annotation systems: A linear-weighted hybrid approach,” J. Comput. Syst. Sci., vol. 78, pp. 1160-1174, 2012.
- X.Yuan,J. H.Lee,S. J.Kim,andY. H.Kim,“Towardauser-oriented recommendation system for real estat ewebsites, ”Inf. Syst., vol. 38,pp. 231- 243, 2013.
- R. Burke, “Hybridrecommend ersystems : Surveyandexperiments,” User Modeling User-Adapted Interact., vol. 12, pp. 331-370, 2002.
- A. Zenebe and A. F. Norcio, “Representation, similarity measures and aggregation methods using fuzzy sets for content-based recommender systems,” Fuzzy Sets Syst., vol. 160, pp. 76-94, 2009.
- A. Zenebe, L. Zhou, and A. F. Norcio, “User preferences discovery using fuzzy models,” Fuzzy Sets Syst., vol. 161, pp. 3044-3063, 2010.
- R. R. Yager, “Fuzzy logic methods in recommender systems,” Fuzzy Sets Syst., vol. 136, pp. 133-149, 2003.
- C. M. Chenand L. J. Duh, “Personalized web-asedtutoring system based on fuzzy it emresponse theory,” Expert Syst.Appl., vol.34, pp.2298-2315, 2008.
- C. Cornelis, J.Lu,X.Guo, and G.Zhang, “One-and-onlyitemrecommendation with fuzzy logic techniques,” Inf. Sci., vol. 177, pp. 4906-4921, 2007.
- C.Porcel,A.G.L´opez Herrera, andE. HerreraViedma, “Arecommender system for research resources based on fuzzy linguistic modeling, ”Expert Syst. Appl., vol. 36, pp. 5173 5183, 2009.
- J.Lu,Q.Shambour,Y.Xu,Q.Lin,andG.Zhang,“BizSeeker:Ahybridsemantic recommendation system for personalized government-to-business e-services,” Internet Res., vol. 20, pp. 342-365, 2010.
|Published in :
||Volume 2 | Issue 2 | March-April - 2016
|Date of Publication
Cite This Article
Rishi Kumar N, Nanda Kumaru, Pandikumar K, "Personalized Businesss to Business e-services using Tree-based Recommender System", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science, Engineering and Technology(IJSRSET), Print ISSN : 2395-1990, Online ISSN : 2394-4099, Volume 2, Issue 2, pp.429-433, March-April-2016.
URL : http://ijsrset.com/IJSRSET162296.php