Next-generation wireless networks relying on heterogeneous technologies allow the users to be connected to varied networks. The Mobile Internet Protocol (Mobile IP) is an extension to the Internet Protocol proposed by the Internet
Engineering Task Force (IETF) that addresses the mobility issues. In order to support un-interrupted services and seamless mobility of nodes across the networks (and/or sub-networks) with permanent IP addresses, handover is performed in mobile IP enabled networks. Mobile WiMAX, in the past few years has become one of the most important technologies Mobility brings with it the need of handovers which occur when a user moves from one cell to the other. Handover is considered as a highly important issue in mobile WiMAX. Vertical Handoff (VHO) is one of the major issues which need to be addressed for providing better QoS. The vertical HO scenario introduces issues related to QoS which affects the connections as well as the applications. This paper shows different conditions which are responsible for a handoff process by comparing handoffs in different mobile networks. This paper shows the accuracy in different conditions of Handoff decision and the path traversed by the Handoff decision process.
Vikas Sannady, Poonam Gupta
Vertical Handoff (VHO), Received Signal Strength (RSS), Quality of Service (QoS), WiMAX, UMTS, GSM, LTE, Signal Interference to Noise ratio (S INR).
- A. Bhuvaneswari, Dr. E. George Dharma Prakash Raj,” SURVEY ON HANDOFF TECHNIQUES”, Journal of Global Research in Computer Science Volume 2, No. 6, June 2011 ISSN-2229-371X.
- Shelej Khera1, Dr. Sajjan Singh, Dr. S. V. A. V Prasad,” A Review on Research Aspects of Vertical Handover Decision based IntelligentAlgorithm”, International Journal of Innovative Research in Science,Engineering and Technology Vol. 4, Issue 8, August 2015.
- Hoshang Karanjekar, Prof. Avinash Agrawal,” Review on Vertical Handover Techniques among Heterogeneous Networks”, Int. J. Advanced Networking and Applications Volume: 5 Issue: 5 Pages: 2066-2069 (2014) ISSN : 0975-0290.
- Ankur Saini , Preeti Bhalla,” A Review: Vertical Handover between Wi-Fi and WiMA”, International Journal of Advanced Research in Computer Science and Software Engineering Volume 3, Issue 6, June 2013 ISSN: 2277 128X.
- Geetanjali Chellani, Anshuman Kalla,” A REVIEW: STUDY OF HANDOVER PERFORMANCE IN MOBILE IP”, International Journal of Computer Networks & Communications (IJCNC) Vol.5, No.6, November 2013.
- Debabrata Sarddar, Shubhajeet chatterjee, Ramesh Jana1, Shaik Sahil Babu1, Prabir Kr Naskar1, Utpal Biswas, M.K. Naskar,” Minimization of Handoff Failure by Introducing a New Cell Coverage Area in the Handoff Region”, IJCSI International Journal of Computer Science Issues, Vol. 8, Issue 3, No. 2, May 2011 ISSN (Online): 1694-0814.
- Bhaskar Ashoka, David Eyers and Zhiyi Huang,” Handover Delay in Mobile WiMAX: A Simulation Study”.
- Aditi Singh1, Neeta Nathani,” Identification of Suitable Parameters for Predicting Handoff in Real Time Mobile Network Technologies”, International Journal of Advanced and Innovative Research (2278-7844) / # 95 / Volume 5 Issue 4.
- Dr. Anita Seth,” VERTICAL HANDOFF DECISION ALGORITHMS FOR NEXT GENERATION WIRELESS NETWORKS: SOME ISSUES”, International Journal of Advanced Research in IT and Engineering ISSN: 2278-6244.
- Ali Nawaz Khan,Waqas Anwer, Ehsan Ullah Munir,Uzair Farooqi, Ayesha Khaliq, Aqsa Malik and Maryam Aizaz,” Handover Techniques in Mobile WiMAX Networks: Analysis and Comparison”, Middle-East Journal of Scientific Research 15 (11): 1599-1605, 2013 ISSN 1990-9233 © IDOSI Publications, 2013.
|Published in :
||Volume 2 | Issue 3 | May-June - 2016
|Date of Publication
Cite This Article
Vikas Sannady, Poonam Gupta, "Adopting Handoff Techniques in Real Time Mobile Network Technologies", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science, Engineering and Technology(IJSRSET), Print ISSN : 2395-1990, Online ISSN : 2394-4099, Volume 2, Issue 3, pp.98-104, May-June-2016.
URL : http://ijsrset.com/IJSRSET162312.php