Magnetic resonance medical images are generally corrupted by random noise from the measurement process which reduces the accuracy and reliability of any automatic analysis. Development in computerized medical image reconstruction has make medical imaging into one of the most important sub-fields in scientific imaging. The quality of digital medical images become an important issue with the use of digital imaging to diagnose a disease. It is necessary that medical image must be clean, sharp and noise free to obtain a best possible diagnosis. As the technology became advance the quality of digital images continue to improve, the result is in improvement in the resolution and quality of images, removing noise from these images is one of the challenging task because they could blur and mask important parameter of the images.
These are different images de-noising methods each having their own advantages and disadvantages. De-noising methods are often applied to increase the signal to noise ratio (SNR) and improve image quality. The search for efficient image de-noising methods is still a valid challenge at the crossing of functional analysis and statistic. Many de-noising methods have been developed over the years, among this method, wavelet thresholding is one of the most popular approaches. In wavelet thresholding a signal is decomposed into its approximation (Low frequency) and detail (high frequency) sub-bands; since most of the image information is connected in a few large coefficients, the detail sub-bands are processed with hard or soft thresholding operations.
Prerna Sahu, Devanand Bhosle
2D-Images, Noise Signals, signal to noise ratio, frequency, Wavelet, DWT, SSTC, Median Filter
- Joachimiak, M.; Rusanovskyy, D.; Hannuksela, M.M.; Gabbouj,M., "Multiview 3D video denoising in sliding 3D DCT domain," Signal Processing Conference (EUSIPCO), 2012 Proceedings of the 20th European , vol., no., pp.1109,1113, 27-31 Aug. 2012.
- Kaimal, A.B.; Manimurugan, S.; Anitha, J., "A modified antiforensic technique for removing detectable traces from digital images," Computer Communication and Informatics (ICCCI), 2013 International Conference on , vol., no., pp.1,4, 4-6 Jan. 2013.
- Hagawa, R.; Kaneko, S.; Takauji, H., "Using Extended Threevalued Increment Sign for a denoising model of high-frequency artifacts in JPEG images by estimation of specific frequency," Frontiers of Computer Vision, (FCV), 2013 19th Korea-Japan Joint Workshop on , vol., no., pp.164,169, Jan. 30 2013-Feb. 1 2013.
- Jin Xu; Wei Wang; Jinghuai Gao; Wenchao Chen, "Monochromatic Noise Removal via Sparsity-Enabled Signal Decomposition Method," Geoscience and Remote Sensing Letters, IEEE , vol.10, no.3, pp.533,537, May 2013.
- Abramov, S.; Krivenko, S.; Roenko, A.; Lukin, V.; Djurovic, I.; Chobanu, M., "Prediction of filtering efficiency for DCT-based image denoising," Embedded Computing (MECO), 2013 2nd Mediterranean Conference on , vol., no., pp.97,100, 15-20 June 2013.
- Roenko, A.; Lukin, V.; Djurovic, I., "DCT coefficient statistics in images corrupted by spatially correlated noise," Embedded Computing (MECO), 2013 2nd Mediterranean Conference on , vol., no., pp.156,159, 15-20 June 2013.
- Padmagireeshan, S.J.; Johnson, R.C.; Balakrishnan, A.A.; Paul, V.; Pillai, A.V.; Raheem, A.A., "Performance Analysis of Magnetic Resonance Image Denoising Using Contourlet Transform," Advances in Computing and Communications (ICACC), 2013 Third International Conference on , vol., no., pp.396,399, 29-31 Aug. 2013.
- Fedak, V.; Nakonechny, A., "Image de-noising based on optimized NLM algorithm," Intelligent Data Acquisition and Advanced Computing Systems (IDAACS), 2013 IEEE 7th International Conference on , vol.01, no., pp.429,432, 12-14 Sept. 2013.
- M. Elad and M. Aharon. Image denoising via sparse and redundant representations over learned dictionaries. IEEE Transactions on Image Processing (TIP), 15(12):3736 3745, 2006.
- M. Aharon, M. Elad, and A. Bruckstein. K-svd: An algorithm for designing overcomplete dictionaries for sparse representation. IEEE Transactions on Signal Processing (TIP), 54(11):43114 322, 2006.
- Zuofeng Zhou; Jianzhong Cao; Weihua Liu, "Contourlet-based image denoising algorithm using adaptive windows," Industrial Electronics and Applications, 2009. ICIEA 2009. 4th IEEE Conference on , vol., no., pp.3654,3657, 25-27 May 2009.
|Published in :
||Volume 2 | Issue 3 | May-June - 2016
|Date of Publication
Cite This Article
Prerna Sahu, Devanand Bhosle, "An Efficient Denoising Technique Using Filters With Noise Estimator", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science, Engineering and Technology(IJSRSET), Print ISSN : 2395-1990, Online ISSN : 2394-4099, Volume 2, Issue 3, pp.728-732, May-June-2016.
URL : http://ijsrset.com/IJSRSET1623125.php