Nowadays traditional use of other materials such as Al, copper etc increases the transmission losses, cost and reduce the efficiency but on the other hand amorphous core material design that reduces losses upto 25-40 percent improves the efficiency and reduce the cost of production. This paper describes the Energy savings & comparison chart with conventional transformers & similar rating show that iron losses are 30% of the CRGO Transformers. Total owning cost (TOC) is reduced by improvement in environments factor socials & economics costs of generation related to CO2, SO2, & other greenhouse gases emissions. This paper describes the performance characteristics and analysis of amorphous hexa core materials used for transformer in distribution cases with magnetisation characteristics. It describes the various design and advantages of amorphous core transformer with simple structured core transformer.
Prof. Kanchan Shriprakash Patil
Amorphous, core losses, core design, ecofriendly distribution transformer, CO2 emission
- Dasgupta I. 2011 Design of transformers, Tata McGraw Hill publishers
- Sawhney A.K. 2006 Electrical Machine Design, DhanapatRai publishers, India
- Man Mohan and Puneet Kumar Singh, "Distribution Transformer with Amorphous-CRGO Core: An Effort to Reduce the Cost Of Amorphous Core Distribution Transformer" ARPN Journal of Engineering and Applied Sciences, ISSN 1819-6608, Vol. 7, No. 6, June 2012
- W.J. Ross, T.M. Taylor, H. Ng. "Amorhous metal transformer cores save energy and capacity investment", GE Industrial and Power system, USA, Electrical Power Research Institute, USA.
- Boyd E.L. and Borst J.D. 1984: Design concepts for an amorphous metal distribution transformer, IEEE Trans. Power Apparatus and Systems, vol.103,no.11,pp.3365-3372.
- B. Fran Coeur and P. Couture, "Low-Cost Amorphous-Metal Rolled-up-Core Distribution Transformer" IEEE Trans. 2012.
- Benedito Antonio Luciano, Claudio ShyintiKiminami, "An amorphous core transformer design and experimental performance" Elsevier Materials Science and Engineering A226-228 (1997) pp. 1079 1082
- Anders Eliasson, Henrik Elvfing, V. R. Ramanan " Amorphous Metal Core Material Shows Economic and Environmental Benefits when Pre-existing Transformers are to be Replaced within Vattenfall Group´s Distribution Network" Contribution to IEEE PES, Oct 2010, Gothenburg.
- Amoiralis, Marina and Antonios, 2009: Transformer design and optimization: A literature survey, IEEE trans. on Power delivery vol. 24 No. 4, pp. 1999-2024.
- Bendito Antonio, Misael Elias and Claudio Shyinti Kiminami, 1999: Single phase 1-KVA Amorphous core Transformer, IEEE trans. on magnetics, vol-35,No.4, July.
- B. Fran Coeur and P. Couture, “Low-Cost Amorphous-Metal Rolled-up-Core Distribution Transformer” IEEE Trans. 2012.
- James H. Harlow. 2004. Electric Power Transformer by CRC Press LLC
|Published in :
||Volume 2 | Issue 3 | May-June - 2016
|Date of Publication
Cite This Article
Prof. Kanchan Shriprakash Patil, "Evaluation Study of Performance Analysis & Characteristics of Amorphous Core Transformer for Electrical Distribution System", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science, Engineering and Technology(IJSRSET), Print ISSN : 2395-1990, Online ISSN : 2394-4099, Volume 2, Issue 3, pp.661-667, May-June-2016.
URL : http://ijsrset.com/IJSRSET162314.php