Cloud computing is a natural evolution for data and computation centers with automated systems management, workload balancing, and virtualization technologies. In this paper, the authors discuss security issues, privacy and control issues, accessibility issues, confidentiality, integrity of data and many more for cloud computing. Current solutions for these security risks are also discussed. In addition, we make a list of security items that all users should be aware of before opting to use cloud based services and discuss methods for allowing the user to select specific security levels of security for items. This paper aims to present a survey in cloud computing, which gives solutions for challenges faced by cloud .Further this helps to find out the solution for the drawbacks found in given methods and come up with new solution or method to secure the cloud.
Raghvendra Kumar, Arti Pandey
Cloud issues, Data issues, IaaS, PaaS, Security, SLA, SaaS, Virtual machine layer.
- L. Wang, G. Laszewski, M. Kunze and J. Tao, "Cloud computing: a perspective study", J New Generation Computing, 2010, pp 1-11.
- Harjit Singh Lamba and Gurdev Singh, "Cloud Computing-Future Framework for emanagement of NGO's", IJoAT, ISSN 0976-4860, Vol 2, No 3, Department Of Computer Science, Eternal University, Baru Sahib, HP, India, July 2011.
- Peter Mell, and Tim Grance, "The NIST Definition of Cloud Computing,"2009, http://www.wheresmyserver.co.nz/storage/media /faq-files/clouddef- v15.pdf, Accessed April 2010.
- R. Maggiani, Communication Consultant, Solari Communication, "Cloud Computing is Changing How we Communicate," 2009 IEEE International Professional Conference, IPCC, pp. 1-4, Waikiki, HI, USA, July 19- 22, 2009. ISBN: 978-1-4244-4357-4.
- Ertaul, L. and Singhal, S. 2009. Security Challenges in Cloud Computing. California State University, East Bay.
- R. L Grossman, "The Case for Cloud Computing," IT Professional, vol. 11(2), pp. 23-27, 2009, ISSN: 1520-9202.
- Rohit Bhadauria et. al. paper on "A Survey on Security Issues in Cloud Computing".
- Joachim Schaper, 2010, "Cloud Services", 4th IEEE International
- Conference on DEST, Germany. R. Gellman, "Privacy in the clouds: Risks to privacy and confidentiality from cloud computing," The World Privacy Forum, 2009. http://www.worldprivacy forum.org/pdf/WPF_Cloud_Privacy_Report. pdf.
- Lori M. Kaufman, "Data security in the world of cloud computing," IEEE Security and Privacy Journal, vol. 7, issue. 4, pp. 61-64, July- Aug 2009, ISSN: 1540-7993.
- Lizhe Wang, Jie Tao, Kunze M., Castellanos A.C., Kramer D., Karl W., "Scientific Cloud Computing: Early Definition and Experience", 10th IEEE Int.Conference on High Performance Computing andCommunications, pp. 825-830, Dalian, China, Sep. 2008, ISBN: 978-0-7695-3352-0.
- Shuai Zhang, Shufen Zhang, Xuebin Chen, Xiuzhen Huo, "Cloud Computing Research and Development Trend", Intl. Conference on Future Networks, pp. 93-97, China, 2010.DOI: 10.1109/ICFN.2010.58
- Aman Bakshi, Yogesh B. Dujodwala, "Securing cloud from DDoS Attacks using Intrusion Detection System in Virtual Machine", ICCSN ’10 Proceeding of the 2010 Second International Conference on Communication Software and networks, pp. 260-264 2010, IEEE Computer Society, USA, 2010.ISBN:978-0-7695-3961-4.
- Youseff, L; Butrico, M; Da Silva, D., "Toward a Unified Ontology of Cloud Computing", Grid Computing Environments Workshop, pp. 1-10, Nov,2008, Austin, Texas. DOI: 10.1109/GCE .2008. 4738443.
- Julisch, K., & Hall, M., "Security and control in the cloud", Information Security Journal: A Global Perspective, vol. 19, no. 6, pp. 299-309, 2010.
|Published in :
||Volume 2 | Issue 3 | May-June - 2016
|Date of Publication
Cite This Article
Raghvendra Kumar, Arti Pandey, "A Survey on Security Issues in Cloud Computing", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science, Engineering and Technology(IJSRSET), Print ISSN : 2395-1990, Online ISSN : 2394-4099, Volume 2, Issue 3, pp.506-517, May-June-2016.
URL : http://ijsrset.com/IJSRSET1623142.php