Flat slabs system of construction is one in which the beams used in the conventional methods of constructions are done away with. The slab directly rests on the column and load from the slab is directly transferred to the columns and then to the foundation. Comparison of flat slab with drop, flat slab without drop and grid slab for its behaviour during earthquake and after earthquake should be help to choose the slab for long span or long panel of slab. This comparison is also help to get or find out more economical slab for long span or long panel. Main object or aim of this comparison is to use this result in future to get more economical and more strengthen slab for long span or long panel. In this project a humble attempt is made to comparative study of Flat slab with drop, flat slab without drop and grid slab for same span and same panel size. These types of Slab have been analysed and designed by ETABS software.
Uttam V Chothani, Jashmin Gadhiya, Hitesh K Dhameliya
R.C.C, Flat slab with or without drop, strengthening and Concrete, Rate analysis per sq m, Etabs software.
- B. V. Bahoria and D. K. Parbat, “Analysis and Design of RCC and Post-tensioned Flat Slabs Considering Seismic Effect,” (IACSIT) International Journal of Engineering and Technology, Vol. 5, No. 1, February 2013.
- U. Gupta, S. Ratnaparkhe and et all “Seismic Behaviour of Buildings Having Flat Slabs with Drops,” International Journal of Emerging Technology and Advanced Engineering ISSN 2250-2459, Volume 2, Issue 10, October 2012.
- E. H. K. Park, “RC Flat Plate under Combined in-Plane & Out-Of-Plane Loads,” Journal of Structural Engineering, vol. 125, no. 10, October, 1999.
- H. Deshpande, R. Joshi and P. Bangar, “Design Considerations for Reinforced Concrete Flat Slab Floor System,” International Journal of Scientific & Engineering Research, ISSN 2229-5518, Volume 5, Issue 12, December-2014
- S. S. Patil and Rupali Sigi, “analysis and design of flat slabs using various codes,” IJRET: International Journal of Research in Engineering and Technology,ISSN: 2319-1163, ISSN: 2321-7308,Volume: 03 Issue: 04 Apr-2014
- Thayapraba M, “Cost Effectiveness of Post - Tensioned and Reinforced Concrete Flat Slab Systems,” International Journal of Innovative Technology and Exploring Engineering (IJITEE) ISSN: 2278-3075, Volume-3, Issue-12, May 2014.
- Y. H. Luo and A. Durrani, “Equivalent Beam Model for Flat-Slab Buildings: Interior Connections,” ACI Structural Journal, vol. 92, no.1, pp. 115-124, 1995
- A. A. sathwane, “analysis and design of flat slab and grid slab and their cost comparison” IJREA, ISSN:2248-9622, volume-3, issue-3, pp. 837-848
- Code:- Indian standards institution IS: 456-2000: Indian Standard code of practice for general construction, in concrete
|Published in :
||Volume 2 | Issue 3 | May-June - 2016
|Date of Publication
Cite This Article
Uttam V Chothani, Jashmin Gadhiya, Hitesh K Dhameliya , "Comparative Study of Seismic Behaviour and Cost Comparison of Multi-Storey Flat Slab and Conventional Reinforced Concrete Framed Structure", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science, Engineering and Technology(IJSRSET), Print ISSN : 2395-1990, Online ISSN : 2394-4099, Volume 2, Issue 3, pp.518-521, May-June-2016.
URL : http://ijsrset.com/IJSRSET1623144.php