Construction and development of classifier that works with more accuracy and perform efficiently for large database is one of the key tasks of data mining techniques. Secondly training dataset repeatedly produces massive amount of rules. It’s very tough to store, retrieve, prune, and sort a huge number of rules proficiently before applying to a classifier. In such situation FP is the best choice but problem with this approach is that it generates redundant FP Tree. A Frequent pattern tree (FP-tree) is type of prefix tree that allows the detection of recurrent (frequent) item set exclusive of the candidate item set generation. It is anticipated to recuperate the flaw of existing mining methods. FP – Trees pursues the divide and conquers tactic. In this thesis we have adapt the same idea for identifying frequent item set with large database. For this we have integrated a positive and negative rule mining concept with frequent pattern algorithm and correlation approach is used to refine the association rule and give a relevant association rules for our goal. Our method performs well and produces unique rules without ambiguity.
Priyanka Saxena, Ruchi Jain
FP, Frequent Itemset, Positive Negative rules.
- A. Savasere, E. Omiecinski, and S. Navathe. "An efficient algorithm for mining association rules in large databases". In Proc. Int'l Conf. Very Large Data Bases (VLDB), Sept. 1995, pages 432–443.
- Aggrawal.R, Imielinski.t, Swami.A. "Mining Association Rules between Sets of Items in Large Databases". In Proc. Int'l Conf. of the 1993 ACM SIGMOD Conference Washington DC, USA.
- Agrawal.R and Srikant.R. "Fast algorithms for mining association rules". In Proc.Int'l Conf. Very Large Data Bases (VLDB), Sept. 1994, pages 487–499.
- Brin.S, Motwani. R, Ullman. J.D, and S. Tsur. "Dynamic itemset counting and implication rules for market basket analysis". In Proc. ACM-SIGMOD Int'l Conf. Management of Data (SIGMOD), May 1997, pages 255–264.
- C. Borgelt. "An Implementation of the FP-growth Algorithm". Proc. Workshop Open Software for Data Mining, 1–5.ACMPress, New York, NY, USA 2005.
- Han.J, Pei.J, and Yin. Y. "Mining frequent patterns without candidate generation". In Proc. ACM-SIGMOD Int'l Conf. Management of Data (SIGMOD), 2000
- Park. J. S, M.S. Chen, P.S. Yu. "An effective hash-based algorithm for mining association rules". In Proc. ACM-SIGMOD Int'l Conf. Management of Data (SIGMOD), San Jose, CA, May 1995, pages 175–186.
- Pei.J, Han.J, Lu.H, Nishio.S. Tang. S. and Yang. D. "H-mine: Hyper-structure mining of frequent patterns in large databases". In Proc. Int'l Conf. Data Mining (ICDM), November 2001.
- C.Borgelt. "Efficient Implementations of Apriori and Eclat". In Proc. 1st IEEE ICDM Workshop on Frequent Item Set Mining Implementations, CEUR Workshop Proceedings 90, Aachen, Germany 2003.
- Toivonen.H. "Sampling large databases for association rules". In Proc. Int'l Conf. Very Large Data Bases (VLDB), Sept. 1996, Bombay, India, pages 134–145.
- Nizar R.Mabrouken, C.I.Ezeife Taxonomy of Sequential Patter Mining Algorithm". In Proc. in ACM Computing Surveys, Vol 43, No 1, Article 3, November 2010.
- Yiwu Xie, Yutong Li, Chunli Wang, Mingyu Lu. "The Optimization and Improvement of the Apriori Algorithm". In Proc. Int'l Workshop on Education Technology and Training & International Workshop on Geoscience and Remote Sensing 2008.
- "Data mining Concepts and Techniques" by By Jiawei Han, Micheline Kamber, Morgan Kaufmann Publishers, 2006.
- S.P Latha, DR. N.Ramaraj. "Algorithm for Efficient Data Mining". In Proc. Int'l Conf. on IEEE International Computational Intelligence and Multimedia Applications, 2007, pp. 66-70.
- Dongme Sun, Shaohua Teng, Wei Zhang, Haibin Zhu. "An Algorithm to Improve the Effectiveness of Apriori". In Proc. Int'l Conf. on 6th IEEE Int. Conf. on Cognitive Informatics (ICCI'07), 2007.
|Published in :
||Volume 2 | Issue 3 | May-June - 2016
|Date of Publication
Cite This Article
Priyanka Saxena, Ruchi Jain, "An Improved FP-Tree Algorithm with Relationship Technique for Refined Result of Association Rule Mining", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science, Engineering and Technology(IJSRSET), Print ISSN : 2395-1990, Online ISSN : 2394-4099, Volume 2, Issue 3, pp.525-529, May-June-2016.
URL : http://ijsrset.com/IJSRSET1623148.php