Modern era of digital communication raise many challenges in secrecy of data when it is transferred over the network. The data to be transferred over the network can be grabbed by third party on the way. Steganography is a method to hide secret data from third party. The secret data is embedded in some cover media in such a way that no one else is aware of it. Different cover media are available such as text files, image files, audio and video files etc. images are widely used as cover media. The secret data is embedded using various techniques available such as Least Significant Bit (LSB) insertion, Discrete Cosine Transform (DCT), Discrete Wavelet Transform (DWT) etc. But each of these techniques has its own strengths and weaknesses. This paper analyses different types of steganography and the techniques used to achieve those types of steganography.
, Text, Image, Audio, Video, Network, Protocol, LSB, DCT, DWT
- “An effective implementation of LSB Steganography using DWT techniques”, K.P.Uday kanth and D.Vidyasagar, June2014.
- Chan K. C, Cheng L. M (2003), “hiding data in images in simple LSB substitution”, Journal of pattern recognition, pp.469-474.
- Amritha Sekhar, Manoj Kumar G., Prof. (Dr.) M. Abdul Rahiman, “A Study on Network Steganography Methods”, International Journal of Advanced Research in Computer and Communication Engineering (IJARCCE) Vol. 4, Special Issue 1, June 2015.
- Artz D., “Digital Steganography: Hiding Data within Data”, Internet Computing IEEE, vol. 5, issue 3, pp. 75-80, 2001.
- “An Improved Inverted LSB Image Steganography” Nadeem Akhtar, Shahbaaz Khan, Pragati Johri, IEEE, 2014
- Zlii Li,Yang S. A. F. , Xian Y (2003),” A LSB Steganography Detection Algorithm”, The 14th IEEE 2003 International Symposium on Persona1,lndoor and Mobile Radio Communication Proceedings.pp.2780-2783.
- Vidhya Saraswathi, Mrs. Sumathy Kingslin, “ Different Approaches to Text Steganography: A Comparison” International Journal of Emerging Research in Management &Technology ISSN: 2278-9359 (Volume-3, Issue-11)
- Sutaone M. S. and Khandare M. V. (2004) ,“Image Based Steganography Using LSB Insertion Technique”, pp.146-151.
- J. C. Judge, “Steganography: Past, Present, Future”, SANS Institute Publications, 2001.
- International Journal of “Advanced Research in Computer Science and Software Engineering”, Steganography Using Various Quantization Techniques”,Tara Bansal,Ruuchika Lamba,Volume 3,Issue 7,July 2013.
- Rakhi1, Suresh Gawande, “A REVIEW ON STEGANOGRAPHY METHODS”, International Journal of Advanced Research in Electrical, Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering Vol. 2, Issue 10, October 2013
- Jar no Mielikainen, “LSB Matching Revisited”, Signal Processing letters, IEEE, vol. 13, issue 5, pp. 285-287, May 2006.
- Ru X. M, Zhang H. J, Huang X (2005), “Steganalysis Of Audio: Attacking The Steghide”, Proceedings of the Fourth International Conference on Machine Learning and Cybernetics, Guangzhou, pp.3937-3942, pp.18-21.
- N. F. Johnson, S. Jajodia, “Exploring Steganography: Seeing the Unseen”, IEEE Computer vol. 31, issue 2, pp. 26-34, 1998.
- Shahreza M. S and Shahreza M. H. S (2007) ,“Text Steganography in SMS”, International
- S. Wendzel, W. Mazurczyk, L. Caviglione and M. Meier, Hidden and Uncontrolled - On the Emergence of Network Steganography Threats, ISSE, Brussels, Belgium, 2014.
- Steganography in mobile phone over bluetooth Shatha A. Baker1 and Dr. Ahmed S. Nori 2, August 2013. Conference on Convergence Information Technology, pp.2260-2265.
- Pooyan M, Delforouzi A (2007) , “LSB-based Audio Steganography Method Based on Lifting Wavelet Transform”, 2007 IEEE International Symposium on Signal Processing and information technology, pp.600-603.
- N.F.Johnson, S.Jajodia, Exploringsteganography : seeing the unseen, IEEE Computer31(2)(1998) 26–34.
- J. C. Judge, Steganography : past, present, future. SANS Institute publication, /http://www.sans.org/reading_room/whitepapers/ stenganography/552.phpS, 2001.
- N.Provos, P. Honeyman, Hideandseek : anintroduction to steganography, IEEE Security and Privacy1(3)(2003)32–414.
- P.Moulin,R.Koetter, Data-hidingcodes, Proceedings of the IEEE93 (12)(2005)2083–2126.
- S.B.Sadkhan,Cryptograph y: current statusand future trends, in: Proceedings of IEEE International Conference on Information & Communication Technologies : From The oryto Applications, Da- mascus. Syria, April19–23, 2004, pp.417–418.
- S. Lyu, H. Farid, Steganalysisusinghigher-orderimagestatistics, IEEE Transactions on Information Forensicsand Security1(1) (2006)111–119.
- D.Kahn,The code breakers : the comprehensive history of secret communication fromancienttimesto the Internet, Scribner, December 5,1996.
- J.P.Delahaye, Informationnoyee, informationcach, PourlaScience 229 (1996)142–146/ www.apprendre-en-ligne.net/crypto/stega no/229_142_146.pdfS (in French)..
- Abbas Cheddad, JoanCondell,KevinCurran, PaulMcKevitt “Digital image steganography: Survey and analysis of current methods”, Signal Processing 90 (2010) 727–752
|Published in :
||Volume 2 | Issue 3 | May-June - 2016
|Date of Publication
Cite This Article
Harjit Singh, "Analysis of Different Types of Steganography", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science, Engineering and Technology(IJSRSET), Print ISSN : 2395-1990, Online ISSN : 2394-4099, Volume 2, Issue 3, pp.578-582, May-June-2016.
URL : http://ijsrset.com/IJSRSET1623161.php