MIMO antennas are a type of antennas using more than one antenna for transmission and reception of signals. The proposed 2x2 MIMO antenna having two antennas in that one antenna is horizontally polarized and another antenna is vertically polarized. The proposed antenna works on C band. The newly designed 2x2 MIMO system works on 5GHz with 250MHz-300MHz bandwidth with reduced VSWR and high gain. The advantages of proposed MIMO antenna system are compact size, maximum reduced interference and high data rate and can used for WiMax applications.
Harikrishnan M Nair, Dr. K Jayanthi
VSWR, MIMO, WiMAX, 3G, 4G, LTE, IEEE
- Wang, Y. and Z. Du, “A printed dual-antenna system operating in the GSM1800/GSM1900/UMTS/LTE2300/LTE2500/2.4-GHz WLAN bands for mobile terminals,” IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters, Vol. 13, 233–236, 2014.
- Azremi, A. A. H., M. Kyro, J. Ilvonen, J. Holopainen, S. Ranvier, C. Icheln, and P. Vainikainen, “Five-element inverted-F antenna array for MIMO communications and radio direction finding on mobile terminal,” Loughborough Antennas & Propagation Conference, 557–560, Nov. 2009.
- Noordin, N. H., Y. C. Wong, A. T. Erdogan, B. Flynn, and T. Arslan, “Meandered invertedF antenna for MIMO mobile devices,” Loughborough Antennas & Propagation Conference, Nov. 2012.
- Chattha, H. T., M. Nasir, Q. H. Abbasi, Y. Huang, and S. S. AlJa’afreh, “Compact low-profile dual-port single wideband planar inverted-F MIMI antenna,” IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters, Vol. 12, 1673–1675, 2013.
- Yao, Y., J. Yu, and X. Chen, “Broadband MIMO PIFA antenna with circular polarization for RFID readers,” Asia-Pacific Microwave Conference Proceedings, 55–57, 2013.
- Ssorin, V., A. Artemenko, A. Sevastyanov, and R. Maslennikov, “Compact planar inverted-F antenna system for MIMO USB dongle operating in 2.5–2.7 GHz band,” Proceedings of the 42nd European Microwave Conference, 408–411, 2012.
- Kan, Y.-C. and C.-K. Chen, “Analysis of the inverted-F antennas integrated on the displacement detector for wireless sensor network applications,” Asia-Pacific Microwave Conference Proceedings, 1849–1851, 2009.
- Liu, H., Y. Guo, T. Pan, Z. He, and S. He, “Printed inverted-F MIMO antenna for TD-LTE mobile terminal,” PIERS Proceedings, 1562–1566, Guangzhou, China, Aug. 25–28, 2014.
- Debabrata Kumar Karmokar and Khaled Mahbub Morshed “Analysis of Inverted-F and Loaded Inverted-FAntennas for 2.4 GHz ISM Band Applications” Journal of Electrical Engineering The Institution of Engineers, Bangladesh Vol. EE 36, No. II, December 2009
- P. W. Chan, H. Wong and E. K. N. Yung “Dual-band printed inverted-f antenna for dcs, 2.4ghz wlanapplications” Loughborough Antennas & Propagation Conference 17-18 March 2008
- Qing Xia Li et al Dual-Band Dual-Polarized Compact Bowtie Antenna Array for Anti-Interference MIMO WLAN IEEE 2014
- Dau-Chyrh Chang Optimization of Directivity for Sleeve Dipole Array, IEEE 2011
- Jagannath Malik et al Novel Printed MIMO Antenna With Pattern and Polarization Diversity,, IEEE antennas and wireless propagation letters, vol. 14, 2015
- Wen-Shan Chen et al A Separated Cross-Shaped Isolation Element for WLAN MIMO, Asia-Pacific Microwave Conference Proceedings 2013
- Sriramkumar et al Applications Sleeve Monopole Antenna for WiMAX Applications IEEE 2012
- Tzi-Chieh Hong et al Radiation Improvement of Printed, Shorted Monopole Antenna for USB Dongle by Integrating Choke Sleeves on the System Ground IEEE transactions on antennas and propagation, VOL. 59, NO. 11, NOVEMBER 2011
- Guang Fu et al A Wideband Dual-Sleeve Monopole Antenna for Indoor Base Station Application IEEE antennas and wireless propagation letters, VOL. 10 2011
- Sunil Kr. Singh et al Architectural Performance of WiMAX over WiFi with Reliable QoS over Wireless Communication Int. J. Advanced Networking and Applications Volume: 03 2011
- I. Szini et al LTE Radiated data throughput measurements adopting MIMO 2x2 Reference Antennas IEEE 2012
|Published in :
||Volume 2 | Issue 3 | May-June - 2016
|Date of Publication
Cite This Article
Harikrishnan M Nair, Dr. K Jayanthi, "Design A Compact Mimo Antenna For 4G Wimax Applications", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science, Engineering and Technology(IJSRSET), Print ISSN : 2395-1990, Online ISSN : 2394-4099, Volume 2, Issue 3, pp.63-70, May-June-2016.
URL : http://ijsrset.com/IJSRSET162318.php