Wireless Sensor Networks (WSNs) consist of a huge number of small, inexpensive sensor nodes distributed over the target area in order to collect the data of interest. Some of the applications of WSNs are intrusion detection, industrial automation, health care monitoring, environmental/earth sensing etc. The WSN MAC Protocols can be classified into four categories: asynchronous, synchronous, frame slotted and multi-channel. This paper gives a brief description of the multi-channel communication in the WSN and divided the various protocolsused in multi-channel communication in the WSN and divided the various protocols used in multi-channel along with their strengths and weaknesses.
Amanjot Kaur, Dr. Trilok C. Aseri
MAC Protocol; Multi-Channel Media Access Protocol; Wireless Sensor Networks.
- J. Yick, B. Mukherjee and D. Ghosal, "Wireless sensor network survey", Computer Networks, Volume 52, Issue 12,pp. 2292-2330, August, 2008.
- Pei Huang, Li Xiano, Soltani S, M.W Mutka, Ning Xi, "The Evolution of MAC Protocols in Wireless Sensor Networks: A Survey", IEEE Communication Survey and Tutorials, Volume:15, Issue: 1, pp. 101-120, 2013.
- D.Culler, D.Estrin and M.Srivastva , "Overview of Sensor Networks", IEEE Computer, Special Issue on Sensor Networks,2004.
- I.F. Akyildiz, W. Su, Y. Sankarasubramaniam and E. Cayirci, "Wireless sensor networks A survey", ACM Transactions on Sensor Networks, vol. 4, no. 2, article no. 8, 2008.
- J. Kabara and M. Calle, "MAC Protocols Used by Wireless Sensor Networks and a General Method of Performance Evaluation", International Journal of Distributed Sensor Networks, Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 834784, 11 pages.
- Y.Kim ,H.Shin,and H.Cha, "Y-MAC : An energy-efficient multi -channel mac protocol for dense wireless sensor networks" In Proc. Of IPSN'08, pp.53-63,2008.
- Xuan Zhag; Guangchi Liu; Qian Tian; Zhiqun Li, "MLMAC: Multi channel Low latency MAC Protocol for Industrial Wireless Sensor Networks" Internet of Things(iThings/CPSCom),2011 International Conference on and 4th International Conference on Cyber,Physical and Social Computing , pp. 338-342,2011.
- Zhiwu Liu; Wei Wu , " A Dynamic Multi-radio Multi-channel MAC Protocol for Wireless Sensor Networks" Communication Software and Networks, ICCSN’10 Second International Conference on, pp.105-109,2010.
- G. Zhou, C. Huang , T. Yan, T. He, J. Stankovic and T. Abdelzaher, "MMSN: Multi Frequency Media Access Control for Wireless Sensor Networks" , In Proc. Of IEEE Infocom,pp.1-13, 2006.
- O. D. Incel, L. van Hoesel, P. Jansen, and P. Havinga, "MC-LMAC: A multi-channel MAC protocol for wireless sensor networks," Ad Hoc Netw., vol. 9, pp. 73–94, January, 2011.
|Published in :
||Volume 2 | Issue 3 | May-June - 2016
|Date of Publication
Cite This Article
Amanjot Kaur, Dr. Trilok C. Aseri, "Enhanced MC-LMAC: A Multi Channel MAC Protocol In Wireless Sensor Networks", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science, Engineering and Technology(IJSRSET), Print ISSN : 2395-1990, Online ISSN : 2394-4099, Volume 2, Issue 3, pp.750-756, May-June-2016.
URL : http://ijsrset.com/IJSRSET1623185.php