The Tyre tread pattern can be described as the systematic mesh of blocks, grooves and spaces, moles and channels drawn into the tread to improve its grip on the road. Tread is the topmost layer of any tyre which contacts on the road and it has itscontribution towards mileage, traction, low noise and heat built up properties. It would be meaningful to conduct an stretched analysis on the tyre tread blocks for to evaluate its working in static condition to predict its performance and wear of tread block in on-road condition. The Finite Element software Ansys is used forthe analysis of the tread block and its behavior was studied on road as contact surfaces. The tread block is modeled in two different shapes and analyzed. The deformation stress strain characteristic of tyre is studied which will be useful in deciding the contact behavior, stresses and strains on tyre and its corresponding parts. The regular and the mixed type geometry show a distinguished variation in the analysis. The static stiffness and deformed shape was analyzed in this study and it has its owneffect in tyre design. The analysis of tyre geometric shape would be vital in tread pattern optimization as well as to know various stresses and failure in a tyre. In this analysis strain calculated on different tread patterns in static condition.
Ankur Singhal, M. S. Khidiya, Divya Gautam, Sukhdeep Meena, Kapil Gahlot
Tread Pattern, Static, Geometric Shape
- Lee, C., Kim, J., Hallquist, J., Zhang, Y. et al. "Validation of a FEA Tire Model for Vehicle Dynamic Analysis and Full Vehicle Real Time Proving Ground Simulations," SAE Technical Paper 971100, 1997
- Kazuyuki Kabe, K., Koishi, M. "Tire cornering Simulation using finite element analysis", John Wiley & Sons, Inc. J ApplPolymSci 78: p.1566-1572, September 2000
- K. Hofstetter *, Ch. Grohs, J. Eberhardsteiner, H.A. Mang, "sliding behavior of simplified tyre tread pattern investigated by means of FEM" Paper from science direct
- Giurgiu, T. "Modélisation et simulation du comportement des pneus a l'aide du logiciel ANSYS", Project. Master Conception Integree des SystemesTechnologiques, "Politehnica" University of Bucharest, July 2012
- Giurgiu, T., Ciortan, F., Pup ă z a , C., "Tire Modeling using ANSYS",Engineering Numerical Modeling & Simulation, PRINTECH Publishing House, 2012
- Ogden, R.W, Saccomandi, G., Sgura, I - Fitting hyperelastic models to experimental data.
- Maia N.M.M., Silva J.M.M.Editors.Theoretical and Experimental Modal Analysis.
- Taunton Research Studies Press, 1997
- Iliescu M, Nut u E, Georgescu L. "Finite Element Method Simulation and Rapid Prototyping", 8th WSEAS International Conference POWER '08,p. 257-262, ISSN 1790-5117, Venice, Italy, November 21-23, 2008
- Marinescu D., Nicolescu A. "Gantry Robot Volumetric Error Evaluation using Analytical and FEM Modelling", "Annals of DAAAM International Symposium", Zadar, Croatia, 2010, ISSN 1726-9687, ISBN 978-3-901509-73-5, p. 1059-1060
- TIBERIU GIURGIU, FLORINA CIORTAN1, CRISTINA PUPAZA2, Machines and Manufacturing Systems Department,University POLITEHNICA of Bucharest.
|Published in :
||Volume 2 | Issue 3 | May-June - 2016
|Date of Publication
Cite This Article
Ankur Singhal, M. S. Khidiya, Divya Gautam, Sukhdeep Meena, Kapil Gahlot, "Analysis of a Tyre on Different Treads at Same Pressure and Load under Static Conditions", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science, Engineering and Technology(IJSRSET), Print ISSN : 2395-1990, Online ISSN : 2394-4099, Volume 2, Issue 3, pp.653-657, May-June-2016.
URL : http://ijsrset.com/IJSRSET1623187.php