The Internet is inherently a multipath network for a primary network with only a single path connecting various nodes would have been unbreakable delicate. Unfortunately, conventional Internet technologies have been designed around the preventive assumption of a single working path between a source and a destination. The need of local multipath hold constrains network performance yet as the primary network is luxuriously connected and has unnecessary multiple paths. Computer networks can use the control of multiplicity through which a different collection of paths is resource shared as a single resource to unlock the inbuilt redundancy of the Internet. This opens up a new scene of opportunities talented increased throughput and increased consistency and fault-tolerance. There are many rising trends in networking that indicate the Internet’s future will be clearly multipath, including utilize of multipath technology in datacenter computing; multi-interface, multi-channel, and multi-antenna trends in wireless; ubiquity of mobile devices that are multi-homer with various access networks; and the development and consistency of multipath transport protocols such as MP-TCP. The aim is to supply a complete inspection of the text on network-layer multipath solutions. Nearby a detailed inquiry of two important plan issues, that is the control plane difficulty of how to calculate and pick the routes, and the data plane trouble of how to split the flow on the computed paths. The core input of this paper is a systematic communication of the core plan issues in network-layer multipath routing along with a broad-ranging study of the huge text on network-layer multipathing. Also underline open issues and identify directions for future work.
Kavitha V, Kalai Kumar K
Computer network, Fault-tolerance, MP-TCP, Multipath Technology, Broad-ranging.
- B. Fortz and M. Thorup, "Increasing internet capacity using localsearch," Comput.Optim.Appl., vol. 29, no. 1, pp. 1348, Oct. 2004.
- C. E. Agnew, “On quadratic adaptive routing algorithms,” Commun.ACM, vol. 19, no. 1, pp. 18–22, Jan. 1976.
- D. G. Cantor and M. Gerla, “Optimal routing in a packet switched computer network,” IEEE Trans. Comput., vol. C- 23,pp.1062-1069, Oct. 1974.
- G. Agarwal, S. Srivastava, M. Pioro, and D. Medhi, “Determining link weight system under various objectives or OSPF networks using a lagrangian relaxation-based approach” IEEE Trans. Netw. Service Manag., vol.2, no. 1,pp.9.18, Nov 2015
- H. Frank, I. T. Frisch and W. Chou, “Topological Considerations in the Design of the ARPA Computer Network,” AFIPS Conference Proc., SJCC , May 1970 , PP. 581-587.
- J. Rexford, D. Xu, M. Chiang, and, “Link-state routing with, hop-by-hop-forwarding can achieve optimal traffic engineering,” IEEE/ACM, Trans.Netw., vol. 19, no. 6, pp. 1717–1730, Dec. 2011.
- L. Fratta, M. Gerla, and L. Kleinrock, “The flow deviation method: An approach to store-and-forward communication network design,” Networks, vol. 3, no. 2, pp. 97–133, 1973.
- L. Kleinrock, ”Analytic and Simulation Methods in Computer Network Design,“ AFIPS Conference Proc., SJCC, May 1970,PP.569-579.
- Nithin Michael and AoTang, “Hop By Hop Adaptive Link State Optimal Routing, IEEE Paper 2013.
- R. Gallager, “A minimum delay routing algorithm using distributed computation,” IEEE Trans. Commun., vol. COM- 25,no.1,pp.73–85,Jan. 1977.
- S. Boyd and L. Vandenberghe, Convex Optimization. New York, NY,USA: Cambridge Univ. Press, 2004.
- Y. Xi and E. Yeh, “Node-based optimal power control, routing, and-congestion control in wireless networks,” IEEE Trans. Inf. Theory,.vol.54, no. 9, pp. 4081–4106, Sep. 2008.
|Published in :
||Volume 2 | Issue 3 | May-June - 2016
|Date of Publication
Cite This Article
Kavitha V, Kalai Kumar K, "A Dynamic Algorithm for Loop Detection Software-Defined Networking Using Open Flow in Hop by Hop Multipath Links", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science, Engineering and Technology(IJSRSET), Print ISSN : 2395-1990, Online ISSN : 2394-4099, Volume 2, Issue 3, pp.271-276, May-June-2016.
URL : http://ijsrset.com/IJSRSET162320.php