Effective supply chain management (SCM) has become a potentially valuable way of securing competitive advantage and improving organizational performance since competition is no longer between organizations, but exists among supply chains. This research deals with Load Consolidation & Cubic Feet Improvement which is carried out in Logistics department. Load consolidation is method to achieve full truck load by combining or consolidate different products into one container and optimally utilizing the container. This paper also explains different problems faced by Logistics department in industry.
Kanika Saini, Dr. Rahul Vaishya
Supply Chain, Load Consolidation, Cargo Optimizer, Cargo-Wiz
- Ashish, A.T., "Competitive advantage of a firm through supply chain responsiveness and scm practices",2007.
- Bua Lapanan, "Optimizing container utilization", Department of Industrial management, assumption university of Thailand.
- Bortfeldt, A., Gehring, H., "A parallel tabular search algorithm for solving the container loading problem. Parallel Computing, 29(5), 641-662, 2003.
- Chen, C.S., Lee, S.M.&Shen, Q.S., "An analytical model for the container loading problem", European Journal of Operational Research, 1995
- Christopher M. & Towill, T.R., "Developing marketing specific supply chain strategies", The International Journal of Logistics Management, Vol. 13 No. 1, pp. 1-1, 2002.
- Cooper, M. C., Lambert, D. M., and Pagh, J. D., "Supply chain management: more than a new name for logistics", The International Journal of Logistics Management, Vol. 8 No.1, pp. 1-14, 1997
- Croom, S., Romano P. & Giannakis M., "Supply chain management: an analytical framework for critical literature review", European Journal of Purchasing and Supply Management, Vol. 6, 67-83, 2000.
- Gillyard, A. E., "The relationships among supply chain characteristics, logistics and manufacturing strategies, and performance", 2003.
- Goldsby, T.J. & Garcia-Dastugue, S.J., "The manufacturing flow management process", The International Journal of Logistics Management, Vol. 14, No. 2, pp. 33-52, 2003
- Haessler, R.W. & Talbot, F.B. "Load planning for Shipments of Low Density Products, European Journal of Operational Research, 44, 289-299, 1990.
- Kumar G., Jawalkar C. S., Vaishya R. O., "Six sigma an innovative approach for improving sigma level: A case study of Brick company" International Journal of Engineering and Innovative Technology (IJEIT), 2014.
- Lambert, D.M., "Supply chain management; process, partnerships, performance" Supply Chain Management Institute: Sarasota FL, 2008
- Lai, K.K., Xue, J. & Xu, B., "Container packing in a multi-customer delivering operation. Computers & Industrial Engineering, 35(1-2),323-326, 1998.
- Logistics infra 2020 vision Document, Mckinsey, 2007
- Mentzer, J. T., "Supply Chain Management", Sage, Thousand Oaks, CA, 2001
- Mulani and Narendra, "The case for Inventory optimization’, Logistics Management, 48(2) , 2002.
- Olsson, J., "India Logistics Landscape Report", Eye For Transport Research, 2005.
- Pisinger, D., "Heuristics for the container loading problem". European Journal of Operational Research,141, 143-153, 2002.
- Simchi-Levi, D., Kaminsky, P., and Simchi-Levi, E., "Designing and managing the supply chain", Irwin McGraw-Hill, New York, 2000.
- Spekman, R. E., Kamauff, Jr., J. W., Myhr, N., "An empirical investigation into supply chain management: a perspective on partnerships, Supply Chain Management", 3(2), 53-67, 1998.
- Wisner, J.D., Leong, G.K. & Tan, K.-C.,, "Principles of Supply Chain Management: A Balanced Approach, Ohio, South Western, Thomson Corporation, 2005.
|Published in :
||Volume 2 | Issue 3 | May-June - 2016
|Date of Publication
Cite This Article
Kanika Saini, Dr. Rahul Vaishya, "Consolidation of Load in Supply Chain Management", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science, Engineering and Technology(IJSRSET), Print ISSN : 2395-1990, Online ISSN : 2394-4099, Volume 2, Issue 3, pp.784-788, May-June-2016.
URL : http://ijsrset.com/IJSRSET1623202.php