BC soils or expansive clays soils associated with so many problems as volume shrinkage, expansively, low CBR, swelling etc. Fly ash is freely available as it is waste product obtained from power plants, it is less hazardous to environment and as a good stabilizer material, and fly ash counteracts the problem of pollution. Flyash. Mixed with cement and commercially available chemical terrasil, shows improved results for the geotechnical properties of black cotton soil associated with cement, flyash mix treated with terrasil. Pavement design on BC soil in which cost reduced to 16.25% when treated with BC soil fly ash, cement, treated with terrasil.
Anand Kumar Raghuwanshi, Saurabh Bhargava, Pallavi Gupta
Black Cotton Soil, Fly Ash, Cement, Terrasil.
- Anitha. K. R, R.Ashalatha and Arvee Sujil Johnson(2009)" Effects of RBI Grade 81 on Different Types of Sub grade Soil" 10th National Conference on Technological Trends (NCTT09) 6-7 165-170
- Ashish Mehta, Kanak Parate and B. S. Ruprai (2013) Stabilization of black cotton soil by Fly Ash
- Arvind Kumar, Baljit Singh Walia and Asheet Bajaj (2007) "Influence of Fly Ash, Lime, and Polyester Fibers on Compaction and Strength Properties of Expansive Soil". Journals of Materials Civil. Engg..19:242-248
- CelestineO.Okagbue(2007) "Stabilization of Clay Using Wood ash". Journals of. Material in Civil Engg..19:14-18.
- Gayen Takhelmayum, Savitha A.L and Krishna Gudi(2013) "Laboratory Study on Soil Stabilization Using Fly ash Mixtures". (IJESIT) Volume 2, Issue 1, 477-482
- Hakari,Udayashankar(2010)"Geotechnical Characteristics of Hubli-Dharwad Black Cotton Soils mixed With Fly Ash": An Experimental Evaluation
- H.P.Singha M.Bagra(2013)" improvement in cbr value of soil reinforced with jute fiber" 3448-3452
- K. Prakash and A. Sridhar an (2009) "Beneficial Properties of Coal Ashes and Effective Solid Waste Management" Pract. Period. Hazard. Toxic Radio act. Waste Manage. 2009.13:239-248.
- Khaled Sobhan and Mehedy Mashnad (2003)" Mechanical Stabilization of Cemented Soil–Fly Ash Mixtures with Recycled Plastic Strips". Journals of environmental engineering,ASCE 175-181
- Kolawole Juwunlo Osinubi, M.ASCE( 2006)" Influence of Comp active Efforts on Lime-Slag Treated Tropical Black Clay " Journals of materials in civil engineering,ASCE 175-181
- P.Ramesh, A.V. Narsimha Rao and N. Krishna Murthy (2012) "Efficiency of sodium carbonate and calcium carbonate in stabilizing black cotton soil". ISSN 2250-2459, Volume 2, 197-201
- Rajendra Prasad Hardaha1, M LAgrawal2 and Anita Agrawal3(2013) "Use of fly ash in black cotton soil for road construction" Recent Research in Science and Technology, 5(5): 30-32
- S.M. Prasanna Kumar (2011) "cementious compound formation using pozzalana and their effect on stabilization of soil of varying engineering properties" IPCBEE vol.8) © IACSIT Press, Singapore 212-215
|Published in :
||Volume 2 | Issue 3 | May-June - 2016
|Date of Publication
Cite This Article
Anand Kumar Raghuwanshi, Saurabh Bhargava, Pallavi Gupta, "Improvement of Black Cotton Soil with Cement & Flyash Treated With Terrasil", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science, Engineering and Technology(IJSRSET), Print ISSN : 2395-1990, Online ISSN : 2394-4099, Volume 2, Issue 3, pp.807-811, May-June-2016.
URL : http://ijsrset.com/IJSRSET1623209.php