Cloud computing provides computing resources as per user requirement. Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) enables datacenter hardware to get virtualized using virtualization component of cloud computing. Virtual machines (VM) are utilized to satisfy user requirement and it is placed on physical machine (PM) of cloud such a way that utilize hardware resources and power in cloud. This paper discusses on On-demand virtual resource allocation using bin packing algorithm with the target of Quality of service (QoS) requirements such as maximum utilization of available resources and lower resource usage costs, Minimize the number of running physical machine and the power consumption. The cost of datacenter gets reduced by efficiently allocating the virtual resource to cloudlets. Cloudsim plays virtual resource allocation strategies.
K. Jegadeeswari, T. Pavalakurunji, Dr. C. Senthamarai
Cloud Computing, Virtual Machines, Cloudlets, Bin Packing, Resource Allocation, Cloudsim.
- http://www.servicearchitecture.com/articles/cloud computing/cloud_computing_definition.html
- O. D, "Cloud computing service models , part1: Infrastructire as a service," CEO, Creative RIA, Jan. 2011, doi:10.1109/COASE.2010.5584153.
- Tarun Goyal, Ajit singh, Aaknaksha agrawal, "cloudsim: simulator for cloud computing infrastructure and modelling," procedia engineering 38(2012)3566- 3572.
- R. N. Calheiros, Rajiv Ranjan, Anton Beloglazov, C.A.F. De Rose, Rajkumar Buyya, "CloudSim: A toolkit for modeling and simulation of cloud computing environments and evaluation of resource provisioning algorithms", Software Practice and Experience, Wiley publishers, 2010.
- R. N. Calheiros, R. Ranjan, C. A. F. D. Rose, and R. Buyya, "Cloudsim: A novel framework for modeling and simulationof cloud computing infrastructures and services," CoRR, vol. abs/0903.2525, 2009.
- H. N. Van, F. D. Tran and J. M. Menaud, "SLA-aware virtual resource management for cloud infrastructures", Proceedings of the 9th International Conference on Computer and Information Technology, (2009), pp. 357-362.
- Chirag J. athod," A Survey on Different Virtual Machine Placement Algorithms ," International Journal of Advance Research in Computer Science and Management Studies, Volume 2, Issue 2, February 2014.
- W. Gui-yi, A. Vasilakos A and Z. Yao, "A game-theoretic method of fair resource allocation for cloud computing services", The Journal of Supercomputing, vol. 54, no. 2, (2010), pp. 252-269.
- L. Wei-Wei, J. Z. Wang and L. Chen, "A Threshold-based Dynamic Resource Allocation Scheme for Cloud Computing", Procedia Engineering, vol. 23, (2011), pp. 695-703.
- I. Goiri, J. Guitart and J. Torres, "Economic model of a Cloud provider operating in a federated Cloud", Information Systems Frontiers, vol. 14, no. 4, (2012), pp. 827-843.
- W. F. de la Vega and G. S. Lueker, "Bin packing can be solved within 1+epsilon in linear time." Combinatorica, vol. 1, no. 4, pp. 349–355, 1981.
- Chirag J. athod," A Survey on Different Virtual Machine Placement Algorithms ," International Journal of Advance Research in Computer Science and Management Studies, Volume 2, Issue 2, February 2014 .
- G. Hong-qing, X. Ying, "Research on cloud resource management model based on economics", Computer Engineering and Design, vol. 31, no. 19, (2010), pp. 4139-4212.
|Published in :
||Volume 2 | Issue 3 | May-June - 2016
|Date of Publication
Cite This Article
K. Jegadeeswari, T. Pavalakurunji, Dr. C. Senthamarai, "Comparison of On-Demand Virtual Resource Allocation Algorithm on Cloud Environment", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science, Engineering and Technology(IJSRSET), Print ISSN : 2395-1990, Online ISSN : 2394-4099, Volume 2, Issue 3, pp.867-871, May-June-2016.
URL : http://ijsrset.com/IJSRSET1623222.php