The increasing demand in power system causes heavily loaded lines which results into voltage instability. The voltage instability takes place due to lack of reactive power, which would causes black-out. FACTS controller provides solution for such difficulties. In this project SSSC have been used in multi machine system for controlling flow of active as well as reactive power. The static synchronous series compensator is delivers a compensating voltage with an inductive or a capacitive range so as to improve voltage stability of the system. In the same system , Power oscillation damping (POD) controller is used along with SSSC to examine its performance when unsymmetrical faults were applied in the system. The performance of SSSC based POD controller in multi machine system were discussed in this paper by constructing MATLAB/SIMULINK model with unsymmetrical faults in it and obtaining voltage, active power, reactive power waveform from the same.
Abhinav L. Purkar, Prof. P. D. Bharadwaj
SSSC based POD controller, SSSC in Multi-Machine system, Multi-Machine system Stability
- S Arun Kumar, C Easwarlal, M Senthil Kumar,"Multi Machine Power System Stability Enhancement Using Static Synchronous Series Compensator", 2012 International Conference on Computing, Electronics and Electrical Technologies [ICCEET].
- C. Udhaya Shankar, Dr. Rani Thottungal, Mythili,"voltage stability improvement and power oscillation damping using static synchronous series ; compensator (SSSC)", IEEE Sponsored 9th International Conference on Intelligent Systems and Control (ISCO)2015
- Maninder rohal , Mr.Ravi,"Application of SSSC Based Power Oscillation Damping Controller for Transient Stability Enhancement of Multimachine system for Unsymmetrical Faults", Power India International Conference (PIICON), 2014 6th IEEE
- Shashi Gandhar, Jyoti Ohri, Mukhtiar Singh,"Application of SSSC for Compensation Assessment of Interconnected Power System"2014 IEEE 6th India International Conference on Power Electronics (IICPE).
- R Visakhan, Rahul R, Asha Anu Kurian,"Comparative study of PSS and FACTS-;;;;;;; POD for power system performance enhancement", 2015 IEEE International Conference on Power, Instrumentation, Control and Computing (PICC)
- Tossaporn Surinkaew, Issarachai Ngamroo and Worawat Nakawiro,"Robust Power Oscillation Damper Design for DFIG-based Wind Turbine", 2013 10th International Conference on
- H.F. Wang,"Design of SSSC Damping Controller to Improve Power System Oscillation Stability ",Africon, 1999 IEEE (Volume:1 ).
- H. Taheri , S. Shahabi, Sh. Taheri, A. Gholami "Application of Synchronous Static Series Compensator (SSSC) on Enhancement of Voltage Stability and Power Oscillation Damping".EUROCON 2009, EUROCON '09. IEEE
- N. G. Hingorani and L. Gyugyi, Understanding FACTS: Concepts and Technology of Flexible AC Transmission Systems. New York: IEEE Press, 2000
- C.Anitha, P.Arul "Enhancement of Voltage Stability in Transmission System Using SSSC "International Conference on Circuit, Power and Computing Technologies [ICCPCT] 2014.
|Published in :
||Volume 2 | Issue 3 | May-June - 2016
|Date of Publication
Cite This Article
Abhinav L. Purkar, Prof. P. D. Bharadwaj, "Enhancement of Multi Machine Power System Stability Using SSSC with Power Oscillation Damping (POD) Controller", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science, Engineering and Technology(IJSRSET), Print ISSN : 2395-1990, Online ISSN : 2394-4099, Volume 2, Issue 3, pp.822-827, May-June-2016.
URL : http://ijsrset.com/IJSRSET1623228.php