The Aim of this paper is to give a basic introduction on VOIP and describe QOS problems. To get the best quality in real time. To investigate the performance of speech over VoIP using commercial 3G wireless network.More specifically, an investigation of IP-based voice communication with emphasis on the effects of a wireless channel and its conditions on the quality of the received speech will be investigated. Simulation will be implemented using Matlab software, and the experiments will be conducted on commercial VoIP networks. The attention is focused on the quality of service in wireless network.
Birendra Kumar, Dr. Mamta Katiyar
MATLAB, VOIP, 3G, VOICE QUALITY.
- ElechiOnyekachi and Eze Elias, "Investigating the QoS of Voice over IP using WiMAX Access Networks in a Campus Network", Computer Engineering and Intelligent Systems, Vol.4, No.5, 2013
- Erik Pertovt, Kemal Alic, AlesSvigelj and MihaelMohorcic, "Performance Evaluation of VoIP Codecs over Network Coding in Wireless Mesh Networks", Proceedings of the 2013 International Conference on Electronics and Communication Systems
- Mousavipour, F. and Khoseavipour, M.J. (2012) ‘VoIP quality enhancement with wideband extension method in broadband networks’, IEEE (Revista IEEE America Latina)Latin America Transactions, Vol. 10, No. 1, pp.1190–1194
- Alshomrani, S. Qamar, S. Jan, S. Khan I. and Shah, I. A. (2012) QoS of VoIP over WiMAX Access Networks. International Journal of Computer Science and Telecommunications. 3 (4), p92-98. IJCST
- Mladen T. Koprivica, Mladen M. Ilić, Aleksandar M. Nešković, and Nataša J. Nešković, "An Empirical Study of the EDCA QoS Mechanism for Voice over WLAN", Telfor Journal, Vol. 3, No. 1, 2011.
- Muntean, V.H. and Otesteanu, M. (2011) Performance evaluation of DQOAS algorithm in case of applications generating VoIP and video streaming when a new QoS prioritization scheme for LTE is used. Broadband Multimedia Systems and Broadcasting (BMSB), 2011 IEEE International Symposium on LTE, vol. 5, no. 3, pp.1-6, 8-10 June 2011.
- Haniyeh Kazemitabar, Sameha Ahmed, KashifNisar, Abas B Said, Halabi B Hasbullah, "A Survey on Voice over IP over Wireless LANs ", World Academy of Science, Engineering andTechnology, pp. 71-78, 2010.
- E. Dar and M. Latif, "Issues of Implementation of Voice over IP with Quality of Service: An Overview", International Journal of Computer Science and Telecommunications, Volume 1, Issue 1, November 2010
- Bernardo, V.; Sousa, B. and Curado, M. (2009) VoIP over WiMAX: Quality of experience evaluation," Computers and Communications, 2009. ISCC 2009. IEEE Symposium on Communications, vol. 13, no. 5, pp.42-47, 5-8 July 2009
- Ansari, N.; Haghani, E.; Shyam Parekh; DoruCalin; and Eunyoung Kim (2009) A Quality-Driven Cross-Layer Solution for MPEG Video Streaming Over WiMAX Networks. Multimedia, IEEE Transactions on 4G Telecommunication, vol.11, no.6, pp.1140-1147, Oct. 2009.
- Garuba, M.; Jiang Li; Zhenqiang Yi; Security in the New Era of Telecommunication: Threats, Risks and Controls of VoIP. Information Technology: New Generations, ITNG, 2008. Fifth International Conference on, vol., no., pp.587-591, 7-9 April 2008
- Hasib, M., Schormans, J. and Timotijevic, T. (2007) ‘Accuracy of packet loss monitoring over networked CPE’, IET Communications, Vol. 1, No. 3, pp.507–513
- Chu, T-K. andPheanis, D.C. (2006) ‘QoS evaluation of sender-based loss-recovery techniques for VoIP’, IEEE Network, Vol. 20, No. 6, pp.14–22.
- SG. Wang, S., Mai, Z., Xuan, D. and Zhao, W. (2006) ‘Design and implementation of QoS-provisioning system for voice over IP’, IEEE Transactions on Parallel and Distributed Systems, Vol. 17, No. 3, pp.276–288
- Ganguly, S., Navda, V., Kim, K., Kashyap, A., Niculescu, D., Izmailov, R., Hong, S. and Das, S. (2006) ‘Performance optimizations for deploying VoIP services in mesh networks’, IEEE Journal on Selected Areas in Communications, Vol. 24, No. 11, pp.2147–2158.
|Published in :
||Volume 2 | Issue 3 | May-June - 2016
|Date of Publication
Cite This Article
Birendra Kumar, Dr. Mamta Katiyar, "Examine the Accuracy of VOIP Signal Quality over Wireless Channels", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science, Engineering and Technology(IJSRSET), Print ISSN : 2395-1990, Online ISSN : 2394-4099, Volume 2, Issue 3, pp.842-849, May-June-2016.
URL : http://ijsrset.com/IJSRSET1623231.php