This paper highlights on the techniques used in the HVDC transmission line protection for the faults occurring at various locations. The different techniques deployed for HVDC protection includes Distance Protection technique, Discrete Fourier Transform technique, Artificial Neural Network technique, Fuzzy logic technique, Wavelet Transform technique, Natural Frequency technique, Independent component technique, Hilbert Huang technique.
Shweta Mahajan, Prof. S. U. Kulkarni
Discrete Fourier Transform, Artificial Neural Network, Fuzzy logic, Wavelet Transform, Hilbert Huang technique.
- Zheng Xiao-Dong, Tai Neng-Ling, James S. Thorp, and Yang Guang-Liang, “A Transient Harmonic Current Protection Scheme for HVDC Transmission Line”, IEEE Trans. Power Delivery, Vol. 27, No. 4, Oct. 2012.
- Ruchita Nale and Suresh Babu, “Distance Protection of HVDC Transmission line with Novel Fault location technique”, International Journal of Engineering Research and Technology (IJERT), 2014.
- V. S. Kale, S. R. Bhide and P. P. Bedekar, “Comparison of Wavelet Transform and Fourier Transform based methods of Phasor Estimation for Numerical relaying”, International Journal of Advances in Engineering Sciences (IJAES), Vol. 1, Issue 1, 2011.
- Kola Venkataramana Babu, Manoj Tripathy and Asheesh K Singh, “Recent techniques used in transmission line protection: a review”, International Journal of Engineering, Science and Technology (IJEST), Vol. 3, No. 3, pp. 1-8, 2011.
- Sanjay Kumar K, Shivkumara Swamy. R and Dr. V. Venkatesh, “Artificial Neural Network based method for Location and Classification for HVDC Transmission Lines”, International Journal of Scientific and Research Pubilcations, Vol. 4, Issue 6, June 2014.
- Anamika Yadav and A. S. Thoke, “ANN Based Directional Fault Detector/Classifier for Protection of Transmission Lines”, International Journal of Computer Science and Information Technologies (IJCSIT), Vol. 2, Issue 5, 2011.
- M. Sarvi and M. Keshmiri, “A Fuzzy-PD Controller to Improve the Performance of HVDC System”, World Appl. Sci. J., Vol. 22, No. 9, pp-1210-1219, 2013.
- Uma Vani Marredy, Ramana Rao P. V. and Jayaram Kumar S. V., “Fuzzy Logic Controller for Enhancement of Transient Stability in Multi machine AC-DC Power Systems”, IACSIT International Journal of Engineering and Technology, Vol. 2, No. 5, Oct. 2010.
- Mukesh Thakre, Suresh Kumar Gawre and Mrityunjay Kumar Mishra, “Distribution System Faults Classification and Location Based on Wavelet Transform”, International Journal on Advanced Computer Theory and Engineering (IJACTE), 2319-2526, Vol. 2, Issue 4, 2013.
- Liang Wen-Li and Shang Li-qun, “The Review of High Voltage DC Transmissions Lines Fault Location”, International Journal of Computer, Consumer and Control (IJ3C), Vol. 3, No. 4, 2014.
- Jing Jui, Jiangdong Duan, Hailong Lu and Yuanbing Sun, “Fault Location Method Based on EEMD and Traveling-Wave speed characteristics for HVDC Transmission Lines”, Journal of Power and Energy Engineering (JPEE), 2015.
|Published in :
||Volume 2 | Issue 3 | May-June - 2016
|Date of Publication
Cite This Article
Shweta Mahajan, Prof. S. U. Kulkarni, "A Review on Protection Techniques used in HVDC Transmission Line", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science, Engineering and Technology(IJSRSET), Print ISSN : 2395-1990, Online ISSN : 2394-4099, Volume 2, Issue 3, pp.837-841, May-June-2016.
URL : http://ijsrset.com/IJSRSET1623233.php