This paper describes role of UPQC as applied to a 3P4W system to improve PQ. The Forth wire of 3P4W system is developed by means of neutral of series transformer. Neutral current which flows through neutral terminal of transformer is removed with the help of 4 leg voltage source inverter (VSI) topology for shunt part. The series transformer neutral will have 0 potential in all conditions of operation. Simulation is carried out by considering the major PQ issues like voltage, current, harmonic by connecting load which is nonlinear in nature to 3P4W scheme with UPQC. A novel control strategy of unit vector template is implemented here for designing series APF. By extending the principle of single phase PQ theory, series APF can be used for balancing the unbalanced voltage present at the load side. The PQ theory as applied to the 3 phase balanced system can even be independently used for unbalanced system.
Anupama Kulkarni, R. S. Desai
UPQC, VSI,APF,PCC, FACTS,PQ,PF.
- Vinod Khadkikar, Member, IEEE," Enhancing Electric Power Quality Using UPQC:A Comprehensive Overview", IEEE Transactions On Power Electronics, Vol. 27, No. 5, May 2012.
- B. Han, Senior Member, Ieee, B. Bae, H. Kim, And S. Baek," Combined Operation Of Unified Power-Quality Conditioner With Distributed Gen-eration", IEEE Transactions On Power Delivery, Vol. 21, No. 1, January 2006.
- Srinivas Bhaskar Karanki, Nagesh Geddada, Student Member, IEEE, Mahesh K. Mishra, Senior Member, IEEE,B. Kalyan Kumar, Member, IEEE,’’ A Modified Three-Phase Four Wire UPQC Topology with Reduced DC-Link Voltage Rating’’ 2011 IEEE.
- P. Divya Swathi,K. Vijay Kumar," A New Reduced Type Three Phase Four Wire UPQC Topology for PQ features using VPI" IJIFR volume 2 issue 5 January 2015.
- Kuldeep Kumar Singh, J. K Dwivedi," Performance Study of Unified Power Quality Conditioner Using Matlab Simulink", International Journal Of Scientific & Technology Research Volume 1, Issue 11, December 2012.
- S. Srikanthan and Mahesh Kumar Mishra, Senior Member, IEEE, “DC Capacitor Voltage Equalization in Neutral Clamped Inverters for DSTAT-
- M.Aziz, Vinod Kumar, Aasha Chauhan, Bharti Thakur," Power Quali-ty Improvement by Suppression of Current Harmonics Using Hysteresis Controller Technique",International Journal of Recent Technology and Engineering volume-2,Issue-2,May 2013.
- Sharad W. Mohod, Member, IEEE, and Mohan V. Aware," A STAT-COM-Control Scheme for Grid Connected Wind Energy System for Power Quality Improvement", IEEE Systems Journal, Vol. 4, No. 3, September 2010.
|Published in :
||Volume 2 | Issue 3 | May-June - 2016
|Date of Publication
Cite This Article
Anupama Kulkarni, R. S. Desai, "Study of Power Quality Improvement Using UPQC", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science, Engineering and Technology(IJSRSET), Print ISSN : 2395-1990, Online ISSN : 2394-4099, Volume 2, Issue 3, pp.947-950, May-June-2016.
URL : http://ijsrset.com/IJSRSET1623246.php