Bridges are generally used to cross a stream or a river. Which are used for different purposes such as, if it is used to cross cycles and animals, then it is called as foot bridges. If it used for highway traffic then it is called Highway Bridge, or if it is used to carry railway loading then it is called Railway Bridge, Over the above all bridges the cost of railway bridge is more than the other bridges. The project is a study on reliability of the Railway Bridge Truss changes with decrease in area due to corrosion and how reliability varies if steel strength is below than actual (or) its strength reduced due to corrosion. The tension members are analyzed for the design strength due to yielding of gross section and compression members are analyzed for the design strength. The limit state equations are taken from the clause 6.2 and 7.1.2 of IS 800:2007. The reliability analysis is done for the Railway bridge truss of span 39.0m. Reliability of truss members investigated for different combinations using Hasofer –Lind technique and MATLAB software. System reliability was accused considering various levels of reduction in area and the variation of system reliability was calculated.
A. V. V. Satyanarayana, M. K. M. V. Ratnam, R. Syam Babu, Dr. U. Ranga Raju
Foot Bridges, Highway Bridge, Railway Bridge, Hasofer-Lind technique, MATLAB software.
- Structural reliability analysis & design by R. Ranganathan.
- Design of steel structures by Dr. B. C. Punmia., Ashok Kumar Jain and Anil Kumar Jain.
- Aruz Petcherdchoo1, Luis A. C. Neves, and Dan M. Frangopol (2008) "Optimizing Lifetime Condition and Reliability of Deteriorating Structures with Emphasis on Bridges", Journal of Structural Engineering, Vol. 134, No.4.
- Brent Hall W (1988), "Reliability of service – proven structure" Journal of Structural Engineering, Vol. 114, No. 3.
- Dagher H. J., Q. Lu. Q. and A.H. Peyrot A. H. (1998), "Reliability of Transmission Structures including Nonlinear Effects" Journal of Structural Engineering. Vol. 124, No.8.
- Eidinger J. M. and Kempner L. "Reliability of Transmission Towers under Extreme Wind and Ice Loading" G&E Engineering Systems Inc. and Bonneville Power Administration.
- Gayatri Devi T., (2012) M.Tech. Dissertation Thesis titled "Reliability analysis of truss using MATLAB", submitted to Andhra University, Visakhapatnam.
- Lidvin Kjerengtraen and Paul H. Wirsching (1984) "Structural reliability analysis of series systems" Journal of Structural Engineering, Vol. 110, No. 7.
- Michael Havbro Faber (2009), "Basics of Structural Reliability" Swiss Federal Institute of Technology ETH, Zürich, Switzerland
- Alberto López López, Luis E. Pérez Rocha, David de León Escobedo, and Jorge Sánchez Sesma, ( 2009) " Reliability and Vulnerability Analysis of Electrical Substations and Transmission Towers for Definition of Wind and Seismic Damage Maps for Mexico", 11th American Conference on Wind Engineering – San Juan, Puero Rico June 22-26.
|Published in :
||Volume 2 | Issue 3 | May-June - 2016
|Date of Publication
Cite This Article
A. V. V. Satyanarayana, M. K. M. V. Ratnam, R. Syam Babu, Dr. U. Ranga Raju, "A Study of Reliability Assessment of Truss Girder Railway Bridge", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science, Engineering and Technology(IJSRSET), Print ISSN : 2395-1990, Online ISSN : 2394-4099, Volume 2, Issue 3, pp.926-938, May-June-2016.
URL : http://ijsrset.com/IJSRSET1623250.php