Research has found gypsum to be a durable material, and it is already heavily in use as partition walls. Experts predict that a building made of GFRG panels can have a life span of 60 years. A GFRG building does not require beams and columns. And the material has been approved as green building material by the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC). The panel cavities can be partially or fully filled with reinforced concrete to provide additional strength. Buildings with load-bearing systems made of reinforced GFRG panels can go as high as 8-10 Storey’s in low seismic zones. The panel cavities can also be used for electrical wiring and piping work. To demonstrate the technology; IIT has built a two-storied GFRG residential building on its campus.
Sk. Subhan Alisha, Sajja. Neeraja, Sk. Akber, G. Sai Manoj
GFRG Panel, Affordable Housing, Economical Housing techniques, Rapid wall construction
- Building materials and construction by RANGWALA
- Indian Standard Code of Practice for Plain and Reinforced Concrete IS: 456:2000.
- GO’s & recommendations for approval of sanctioning for GFRG panel construction by Building Materials & Technology Promotion Council Ministry of Housing & Urban Poverty Alleviation, Government of India.
- IS: 875 Part 1 “Unit weights of materials”.
- IS: 875-1987 Design loads (other than earthquake) for buildings and structures, Part2 Imposed loads.
- IS: 1904-1987 “Code of Practice for Structural Safety of buildings Foundation”.
- IIT Madras GFRG panels demonstration building in the area of 800sq.ft with in the amount of 6.5lak.
- Reinforced Cement Concrete Design by NEELAM SHARMA based on IS: 456:2000 IS: 3370: 2009, IRC 6: 2010.
- Estimating and Costing in Civil Engineering by B.N DUTTA.
- Bill Man Fredonia., Joseph P. Majewski., (2005) “Estimation of building” Accurately forecasting the cost of future projects is vital to the survival of any business or organization contemplating future construction.
|Published in :
||Volume 2 | Issue 3 | May-June - 2016
|Date of Publication
Cite This Article
Sk. Subhan Alisha, Sajja. Neeraja, Sk. Akber, G. Sai Manoj, "Low Cost Housing by Using GFRG Panels", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science, Engineering and Technology(IJSRSET), Print ISSN : 2395-1990, Online ISSN : 2394-4099, Volume 2, Issue 3, pp.939-946, May-June-2016.
URL : http://ijsrset.com/IJSRSET1623251.php