Aluminium alloys are alloys in which aluminium is the predominant metal. Aluminium alloys of 5xxx series and their welded joints show good resistance to corrosion in sea water. TIG welding technique is one of the precise and fastest processes used in aerospace industries, ship industries, automobile industries, nuclear industries and marine industries. In order to optimize any process it is very essential to understand the effect of its process parameters on mechanical properties of selected substrate. On the basis of the literature reviewed it has been observed that still there are limited research studies on optimizing the process parameters of Pulsed TIG welding of AA5083-H116.
Bhupender Kumar, Mohammad Shahal Milton
TIG Welding, AA5xxx Aluminium alloys, Process parameters.
- Arun Narayanan, Cijo Mathew, Vinod Yeldo Baby and Joby Joseph (2013).” Influence of Gas Tungsten Arc welding parameters in Aluminium 5083 alloy”, Inter. J. Eng. Sci. Inno. Technol, vol.2, No.5, pp.269-277.
- Indira Rani, M., & Marpu, R. N. (2012) “Effect of Pulsed Current TIG Welding Parameters on Mechanical Properties of J-Joint Strength of AA6351”, The International Journal of Engineering and Science (IJES), Vol. 1(1), pp. 1-5.
- Kumar, A., & Sundarrajan, S. (2009) “Optimization of pulsed TIG welding process parameters on mechanical properties of AA 5456 Aluminum alloy weldments”, Materials & Design, Vol. 30(4), pp. 1288-1297.
- Lakshman Singh, Rajeshwar Singh, Naveen Kumar Singh, Davinder Singh, Pargat Singh, (2013) “An Evaluation of TIG Welding Parametric Influence on Tensile Strength of 5083 Aluminum Alloy”, International Scholarly and Scientific Research and Innovation, Vol. 7, pp. 99-107.
- N Karunakaran, V Balasubramanian (2010) “Effect of pulsed current on gas tungsten arc welded Aluminum alloy joints”, Journals of Science Direct (SP), Vol. 21, pp. 278-286.
- P Kumar, SH Mankar, CK Datta (2011) “Process parameters optimization of aluminum alloy 6061 with pulsed Gas tungsten arc welding”, International Journal of Manufacturing Technology and Industrial Engineering, Vol. 2, pp. 49-54.
- Sanjeev Kumar, (2010) “Experimental investigation on pulsed TIG welding of aluminum plate”, International Journal of Advance Engineering Technology, vol-0I, pp. 54-59.
- T Senthil Kumar, V Balasubramanian, MY Sanavullah (2006) “Influences of pulsed current tungsten inert gas welding parameters on the tensile properties of AA 6061 aluminum alloy” Journals of Science Direct (SP), 28, pp. 2080-2092.
- Yao Liu, Wenjing Wang, Jijia Xie, Shouguang Sun, Liang Wang, Ye Qian, Yuan Meng and Yujii Wei (2012). “Microstructure and mechanical properties of aluminum 5083 weldments by gas tungsten arc and gas metal arc welding”, Mater Sci Eng A, Vol. 549, pp. 7-13.
|Published in :
||Volume 2 | Issue 3 | May-June - 2016
|Date of Publication
Cite This Article
Bhupender Kumar, Mohammad Shahal Milton, "PCTIG Welding of 5xxx Aluminium Alloys : A Literature Review", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science, Engineering and Technology(IJSRSET), Print ISSN : 2395-1990, Online ISSN : 2394-4099, Volume 2, Issue 3, pp.165-167, May-June-2016.
URL : http://ijsrset.com/IJSRSET162327.php