Enhancement of underwater image is one of the major areas of research in digital image processing. Underwater images are usually suffered from low intensity and noise. It proposes dual enhancement method. It is practically applied in both spatial and frequency domain. This paper is to enhance underwater image enhancement in both spatial and frequency domain. To enhance underwater images, we used an approach, such as two level noise removal and RGB intensity equalization. Noise removal is performed using spatial filter based and lossy image digitization such as PCA/JPEG2000 frequency domain based noise reduction. Histogram equalization is performed in both channels to get higher clarity.
A. Parameswari, M. V. Srinath
Image Enhancement, Spatial Domain, Frequency domain, RGB, Histogram Equalization, PCA, JPEG2000, Noise Filter
- Image Enhancement with Noise Reduction in Spatial Domain,S. Shyam Prasad, R. Priya , PG Student, Department of Computer Science & Engg, Annamalai University, Tamil Nadu, India, Associate Professor, Department of Computer Science & Engg, Annamalai University, Tamil Nadu, India, Volume 5, Issue 1, January 2015 ,ISSN: 2277 128X International Journal of Advanced Research in Computer Science and Software Engineering.
- Image Compression using Lifting Based Wavetet Transform Mrs. Satpute Jaymala Nikhil ,Electronics & Telecommunication Engg. Rajendra Mane College of Engg. & Technology Amav,Devrukh. India, International Journal of Engineering Research& Technology (IJERT) ,ISSN: 2278-0181,Vol. 3 Issue 2, February – 2014.
- A COMPARISON OF HISTOGRAM EQUALIZATION METHOD AND HISTOGRAM EXPANSION, M.Aarthy et al, International Journal of Computer Science and Mobile Applications, Vol.2 Issue. 3, March- 2014, pg. 25-34.
- Optimization of Image Compression Using PCA and JPEG Image Coders ,Er. Pradeep Malik , Er. Vishal Mehta, International Journal of Computer Science and Communication Engineering IJCSCE Special issue on “Emerging Trends in Engineering” ICETIE 2012.
- D.Schillingand P.C.Cosman,“Image quality evaluation based on Recognition times for fast image browsing applications,” IEEETrans. Multimedia,vol.4,no.3,pp.320–331,2002.
- J.L.Starck,E. Candès, and D.L.Donoho, “The curvelet transform for image denoising ,”IEEETrans.ImageProcessing,vol.11,pp.131–June2002.
- James C. Church, Yixin Chen, and Stephen V. Rice Department of Computer and Information Science, University of Mississippi, “A partial Median Filter for Noise Removal in Digital Images”, Page(s):618 – 623, April 2008
- Jenny Rajan, M.R Kaimal †Dept. Of Computer Science, University of Kerala, Trivandrum, India “Image Denoising Using Wavelet Embedded anisotropic Diffusion”, Appeared in the Proceedings of IEE International Conference on Visual Information Engineering, page(s): 589 – 593, 2006.
- Mukesh C. Motwani, Mukesh C. Gadiya, Rakhi C. Motwani “survey of image denoising techniques”, Proceedings of GSPx 2004, Santa Clara Convention Center, Santa Clara, CA. page(s) 27-30, , Sep 2004 .
|Published in :
||Volume 2 | Issue 3 | May-June - 2016
|Date of Publication
Cite This Article
A. Parameswari, M. V. Srinath, "A Dual Mode Approach for Underwater Image Enhancement", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science, Engineering and Technology(IJSRSET), Print ISSN : 2395-1990, Online ISSN : 2394-4099, Volume 2, Issue 3, pp.216-218, May-June-2016.
URL : http://ijsrset.com/IJSRSET162349.php