In data mining, mining sequential pattern from a very huge amount of database is very useful in many applications. Most of sequential pattern mining algorithms works on static data means the database should not change. But the databases in today’s real world application do not have static data, rather they are incremental databases. New transactions are added at some intervals of time in database. For updated database, the algorithm actually needs to be executed again for whole sequence database. So those approaches are not appropriate to use, for that the algorithm with incremental approach should be modelled and used. In this paper analysis of existing approaches for finding sequential pattern mining, and the survey is helpful in forming a new model or improving some existing approach to handle incremented database & obtain sequential patterns out of them. In this a proposed a model that is totally incremental approach, which we call pure incremental approach. This proposed pure incremental mining is used for mining the frequent sequences for sequence database.
Bhargav Shroff, Prof. Bakul Panchal
BLSPM, Incremental approach, IncSpan, PrefixSpan, Sequential Pattern mining.
- “Sequential PAttern Mining using A Bitmap Representation”, Jay Ayres, Johannes Gehrke, Tomi Yiu, and Jason Flannick, in ACM.
- “Prediction of Students Performance Using Frequent Pattern Tree”, Priyanka Anandrao Patil, R. V. Mane, in 2014 Sixth International Conference on Computational Intelligence and Communication Networks, IEEE.
- “A Improved PrefixSpan Algorithm For Sequential Pattern Mining”, Liang Dong, Wang hong, in 2014 IEEE
- “IncSpan: Incremental Mining of Sequential Patterns in Large Database”, Hong Cheng, Xifeng Yan, in ACM
- “Incremental Discovery of Sequential Patterns Using a Backward Mining Approach", Ming-Yen Lin,Sue-Chen Hsueh,Chih-Chen Chan, in IEEE
- Endu Duneja, A.K. Sachan,” A Proficient Approach of Incremental Algorithm for Frequent Pattern Mining” IJSR.
- Bagrudeen Bazeer Ahamed and Shanmugasundaram Hariharan, "A Survey On Distributed Data Mining Process Via Grid".
- Bhargav Shroff, Prof. Bakul B. Panchal, ―A Survey On Different Approaches For Sequential Pattern Mining‖, International Journal of Scientific Research in Science, Engineering and Technology (IJSRSET)
- “data mining” http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki /Data_Mining_Algorithms_In_R/Sequence_Mining/SDE
- By Jiawei Han And Micheline Kamber,Data Mining Concept and Techniques, Copyright 2006, Second Edition.
|Published in :
||Volume 2 | Issue 3 | May-June - 2016
|Date of Publication
Cite This Article
Bhargav Shroff, Prof. Bakul Panchal, "Pure Incremental Approach for Sequential Pattern Mining", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science, Engineering and Technology(IJSRSET), Print ISSN : 2395-1990, Online ISSN : 2394-4099, Volume 2, Issue 3, pp.109-112, May-June-2016.
URL : http://ijsrset.com/IJSRSET162357.php