To provide the security mainly authentication and authorisation is given to the system. For that purpose mostly textual passwords are being used. Now a day’s graphical password are also available. The password schemes those are being used by now Days are mostly textual password and the graphical password (pattern matching), textual passwords are vulnerable to eves dropping, dictionary attacks, social engineering and shoulder surfing. Graphical passwords are introduced as alternative techniques to textual passwords. But Most of the graphical schemes are vulnerable to shoulder surfing. This paper shows the study of the available authentication schemes for session password.
Jay Patel, Prof. Ashil Patel
OTP, Grid, Authentication Scheme, Pattern Matching, Dictionary Attacks, Social Engineering, Shoulder Surfing, 2D
- R. Dhamija, and A. Perrig. “Déjà Vu: A User Study Using Images for Authentication”. In 9th USENIX Security Symposium, 2000.
- Ms Grinal Tuscano, Aakriti Tulasyan, Akshata Shetty, Malvina Rumao, Aishwarya Shetty. ” Graphical password authentication using Pass faces”, In Ms Grinal Tuscano et al. Int. Journal of Engineering Research and Applications, 2015.
- Y.D.S.Arya and Gaurav Agarwal,” Impact of Background Images on the DAS (Draw- A- Secret) Graphical Password Authentication Scheme”, In IJCA Special Issue on “Network Security and Cryptography” NSC, 2011.
- A. F. Syukri, E. Okamoto, and M. Mambo, "A User Identification System Using Signature Written with Mouse," in Third Australasian Conference on Information Security and Privacy (ACISP): Springer- Verlag Lecture Notes in Computer Science (1438), 1998, pp. 403-441.
- S. Wiedenbeck, J. Waters, J.C. Birget, A. Brodskiy, N. Memon, “Design and longitudinal evaluation of a graphical password system”. International J. of Human-Computer Studies 63 (2005) 102-127.
- HaichangGao, ZhongjieRen, Xiuling Chang, Xiyang Liu UweAickelin, “A New Graphical Password Scheme Resistant to Shoulder-Surfing
- Passlogix, site http://www.passlogix.com.
- S. Wiedenbeck, J. Waters, J.C. Birget, A. Brodskiy, N. Memon, “Design and longitudinal evaluation of a graphical password system”. International J. of Human-Computer Studies 63 102-127.
- Yi-Lun Chen, Wei-Chi Ku*, Yu-Chang Yeh, and Dun-Min Liao, “A Simple Text-Based Shoulder Surfing Resistant Graphical Password Scheme”,Department of Computer Science, National Taichung University of Education, Taiwan, IEEE 2nd International Symposium on Next-Generation Electronics (ISNE) - February 25-26 , Kaohsiung , Taiwan
- Graphical Password Authentication Cloud securing scheme ShraddhaM. Gurav, Leena S. Gawade, Prathamey K. Rane, Nilesh R. Khochare, Computer Department, Mumbai University RMCET, Ratnagiri, India, IEEE 2014.
|Published in :
||Volume 2 | Issue 3 | May-June - 2016
|Date of Publication
Cite This Article
Jay Patel, Prof. Ashil Patel, "A Research on Authentication Scheme for Session Passwords with Colour Pairs and Grid Compared with OTP", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science, Engineering and Technology(IJSRSET), Print ISSN : 2395-1990, Online ISSN : 2394-4099, Volume 2, Issue 3, pp.123-127, May-June-2016.
URL : http://ijsrset.com/IJSRSET162360.php