The use of bitumen in road construction has increased many-fold throughout the world due to its compatibility, the ease in road construction and above all the advantage of allowing traffic immediately after construction. The most common binder used for road surfacing is bitumen obtained from petroleum However; Petroleum is nowadays becoming scarce due to depletion of its source. Even though bitumen is widely used in road construction, there are some drawbacks in bituminous mix like high susceptibility to temperature variation, tendency to crack, lesser effective service life etc. Therefore, bituminous pavements fail to give the expected service life under adverse climatic, environmental and traffic condition. In an attempt to enhance the service life of bituminous surfacing under adverse prevailing conditions, research is going on throughout the world in the area of additives in search of improved, durable and cost effective bituminous binders. The main objective of this study is to evaluate the properties of bituminous mixes that can be made by use of different grading of modified bitumen like VG10 VG30 by using epoxy resin and different grading of aggregate with using of code references.
Dhara Kalasariya, Keval Patel, Harpalsinh Raol
VG 10 and VG 30 grade Bitumen, Marshall Stability and Flow, Epoxy Resin
- Principles and practices of Highway Engineering by Dr. L. R. Kadyali and Dr. N.B. Lal.
- Ministry of Road Transport & Highways-Specifications for Road and Bridge Works (fourth revision) Published by IRC.
- Highway Material Testing (Laboratory Manual) by S.K. Khanna and C.E.G Justo.
- Highway Engineering by S.K. Khanna and C.E.G. Justo.
- Standard specification from Ministry of roads and highways transportation.
- Brown E.R. and Manglorkar H. (1993), “Evaluation of Laboratory Properties of BC mixtures”, NCAT Report No. 93-5, Auburn University, Alabama.
- Brown E.R. and Mallick R.B. (1994), “Stone Matrix Asphalt Properties Related to Mixture Design”, NCAT Report 94-02.
- Bose S., Kamaraj C. and Nanda P.K. (2006), “Stone Mastic Asphalt (SMA) – A Long Life Pavement Surface”, International Seminar on Innovations in Construction and Maintenance of Flexible Pavements, Agra, 2-4 September, Technical Papers, Volume 1, pp 169-17.
- IS: 73-2006, “Paving Bitumen – Specification”, [PCD 6: Bitumen Tar and their Products], New Delhi.
- IS: 1203-1978, “Method for Testing Tar and Bituminous Materials: Determination of Penetration”, First Revision, New Delhi.
- IS: 1205-1978, “Method for Testing Tar and Bituminous Materials: Determination of Softening Point”, First Revision, New Delhi.
- IS: 1206(Part-II)-1978, “Method for Testing Tar and Bituminous Materials: Determination of Viscosity”, Absolute Viscosity, First Revision, New Delhi.
- IS: 1208-1978, “Methods For Testing Tar And Bituminous Materials: Determination Of Ductility”, First Revision, New Delhi.
- IRC: SP53-2010, “Guidelines on use of Modified Bitumen in road Construction”, New Delhi
- IS 15462 (2004): Polymer and Rubber Modified Bitumen [PCD 6: Bitumen Tar and their Products]
|Published in :
||Volume 2 | Issue 3 | May-June - 2016
|Date of Publication
Cite This Article
Dhara Kalasariya, Keval Patel, Harpalsinh Raol, "Study of Bituminous Concrete under Different Mix Conditions by Using Epoxy Resin as Modifier ", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science, Engineering and Technology(IJSRSET), Print ISSN : 2395-1990, Online ISSN : 2394-4099, Volume 2, Issue 3, pp.206-208, May-June-2016.
URL : http://ijsrset.com/IJSRSET162363.php