This paper presents facts about various research activities that are taking place around the world since the last one decade on development and study of behaviour of Engineered Cementitious Composites (ECC) using polypropylene fiber. Hence in this research work study the behavior of ECC using polypropylene fiber incorporating with Fly ash. In the prepared mix design o%, 1%, 2%, 3%, 4%, 5% of polypropylene fiber is used. Also 30%, 40% and 50% Fly ash is replaced with cement. The experimental study is to present the effect of addition of polypropylene fiber and replacement of Fly ash with cement on the behavior of concrete under compressive and tensile test.
Pratik H. Patel, Prof. Jayesh Juremalani, Prof. S. M. Damodariya
polypropylene fiber, ECC , fly ash, M20 mix design
- Srinivasa. C. H, Dr. Venkatesh “A Literature Review on Engineered Cementitious Composites for Structural Applications”, International Journal of Engineering Research & Technology (IJERT), ISSN: 2278- 0181,Vol. 3 Issue12, December-2014
- M.D. Lepech & G.A. Keoleian, “Design of green engineered cementitious composites for pavement overlay applications”, Life-Cycle Civil Engineering - Biondini & Frangopol (eds), 2008
- Shunzhi Qian, Victor C. Li, Han Zhang, Gregory A. Keoleian, “Durable and sustainable overlay with ECC”, 9th International Conference on Concrete Pavements, San Francisco, California, August 17-21, 2008.
- Nurdeen M. Altwair, Abdelhamed Ganaw, “Effect of water-binder ratio and treated palm oil ash on alkali-silica reaction resistance of engineered cementitious composites (ecc)”, International Journal of Technical Research and Applications, July-Aug 2014.
- S. Boughanem et al, “Engineered Cement Composites Properties For Civil Engineering Applications”, 18th international conference on composite materials.
- Chethan.V.R, Dr.M.Ramegowda, Manohara.H.E “Engineered Cementitious Composites- A Review.”,International Research Journal of Engineering and Technology (IRJET), Aug-2015.
- Ms. E. Ramya, Ms. S. Nalini, Mrs. S. Sivaranjini, Mr. R.M. Saravanakumar “Experimental Investigation of Polypropylene Fiber in Engineered Cementitious Composites”, International Journal of Civil and Structural Engineering Research, October 2014 - March 2015.
- Xiaoyan Huang, Ravi Ranade, Victor C. Li, F.ASCE “Feasibility Study of Developing Green ECC Using Iron Ore Tailings Powder as Cement Replacement”, journal of materials in civil engineering, JULY 2013.
|Published in :
||Volume 2 | Issue 3 | May-June - 2016
|Date of Publication
Cite This Article
Pratik H. Patel, Prof. Jayesh Juremalani, Prof. S. M. Damodariya, "Sustainable Development of Rigid Pavement by Using Polypropylene Fiber", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science, Engineering and Technology(IJSRSET), Print ISSN : 2395-1990, Online ISSN : 2394-4099, Volume 2, Issue 3, pp.196-200, May-June-2016.
URL : http://ijsrset.com/IJSRSET162364.php