The rapid depletion of conventional sources for power generation necessitates the need of renewable energy power plants. Renewable sources primarily wind and solar are available free of cost and counts for cleaner source of energy thereby reducing environmental concern. The potential of wind energy needs to be harnessed effectively for optimum power generation. Present research aims at comparison of wind power performance characteristics utilizing squirrel cage induction generator (SCIG) and doubly fed induction generator (DFIG) focusing on load flow analysis, active power at various wind speeds and reactive power analysis. The simulation and analysis pinpoints the suitable generator at various wind speeds to consummate for selection in a distinct wind farm. The evaluation consisted identical operating conditions and control schemes.
Vishal Vaman Mehtre, Shripad Ganapati Desai, Prof. Dr. D. S. Bankar
Power generation, SCIG, DFIG, wind farm
- Dustin F. Howard, Thomas G. Habetler, Ronald G. Harley, "Improved sequence network model of wind turbine generators for short circuit studies", IEEE Trans. Energy Conservation, Vol. 24, No. 4, pp 968, Dec. 2012.
- A. Samuel Neto, F. A. S Neves, E. L. R Pinheiro, R. Gaiba, S. R. Silva, "Dynamic analysis of grid connected wind farms using ATP", IEEE Trans. 2005.
- S. N. Afifi, H. Wang, G. A. Taylor, M. R. Irving, "Impact of DFIG wind turbines on short circuit levels in distributed networks using ETAP", IEEE Trans. 2013.
- Thomas Ackermann "Wind Power in Power Systems", John Wiley and Sons Ltd., 2012.
- Ching-Yin Lee, Li-Chieh Chen, Shao-Hong Tsai, Wen-Tsan Liu, Yuan-Kang Wu, "The impact of SCIG wind farm connecting into a distribution system", IEEE Trans. 2009.
- Janaka B. Ekanayake, Lee Holdsworth, XueGuang Wu, Nicholas Jenkins, "Dynamic modeling of doubly fed induction generator wind turbines", IEEE Trans. On Power system, Vol. 18, No. 2, May 2003.
- S. Muller, M. Deicke, and R.W. De Doncker, "Doubly fed induction generator systems for wind turbines", IEEE Ind. Application Mag., Vol. 8, No. 3, May-June 2002.
- Manaullah, Arvind Kumar Sharma, Hemant Ahuja, Arika Singh, "Performance comparison of DFIG and SCIG based wind energy conversion systems", CIPECH 28 & 29 Nov. 2014.
- Roger C. Dugan, "Electrical Power Systems Quality" Tata Mc Graw Hill Ltd. 2012.
|Published in :
||Volume 2 | Issue 3 | May-June - 2016
|Date of Publication
Cite This Article
Vishal Vaman Mehtre, Shripad Ganapati Desai, Prof. Dr. D. S. Bankar , "Power Comparability Analysis of DFIG and SCIG based Wind Farm", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science, Engineering and Technology(IJSRSET), Print ISSN : 2395-1990, Online ISSN : 2394-4099, Volume 2, Issue 3, pp.535-539, May-June-2016.
URL : http://ijsrset.com/IJSRSET162373.php