Enhancement plays an important role in digital image processing.The visibility of images of open air road scenes becomes degraded when captured in severe climate conditions. Drivers frequently turn on the headlights of their vehicles and streetlights are regularly actuated, bringing about confined light sources in images of road scenes in these conditions. Furthermore, dust storms are additionally climate occasions that are regularly experienced when driving in a few districts. A novel and effective haze removal approach to cure these issues created by confined light sources and color shifts, which subsequently accomplishes better restoration results for single hazy images. Poor visibility degrades quality and performance of computer vision algorithms for smart transportation frameworks, for example, traveling vehicle data recorders and traffic surveillance systems, activity observation frameworks which must operate under a wide range of weather conditions. Another issue is that the captured foggy road scene images contains confined light sources or shading movement issues because of dust storm conditions. Movement detection and Darkness are also problems in the captured images. The goal of this work is to enhance the road scene images using different filters and enhancement techniques. The distinctive sorts of parameters are figured that are PSNR, MD, MSE and Processing Speeds.
Davneet Kaur, Dr. Naresh Kumar Garg
PSNR, MD, images, HE, BBHE, DPC,RSWHE.
- Shih-Chia Huang, Bo-Hao Chen, Yi-Jui Cheng, “An Efficient Visibility Enhancement Algorithm for Road Scenes Captured by Intelligent Transportation Systems” IEEE Transactions On Intelligent Transportation Systems, Vol. 15, No. 5, pp.2321-2332, October 2014.
- Ivan et.al, “Multi-Label Classification of Traffic Scenes” Proceedings of the Croatian Computer Vision Workshop, pp. 9-14, September 16, 2014.
- Ajay Raghavan, Robert Price, Juan Liu, “Detection of Scene Obstructions and Persistent View Changes in Transportation Camera Systems” 15th International IEEE Conference on Intelligent Transportation Systems Anchorage, Alaska, USA, pp. 957-962, September 2012.
- Fan-Chieh Cheng, Shanq-Jang Ruan, “Accurate Motion Detection Using a Self-Adaptive Background Matching Framework” IEEE Transactions on Intelligent Transportation Systems, Vol. 13, No. 2, pp. 671-679, June 2012.
- J.-E. Ha, W.-H. Lee, “Foreground objects detection using multiple difference images” Opt. Eng., Vol. 49, no. 4, pp. 047-201, April 2010.
- Giri Nandan, “Image Resolution Enhancement Methods for Different Applications” International Journal of Information & Computation Technology. ISSN 0974-2239 Volume 4, no.17, pp. 1733-1738, 2014.
- C. Stauffer, W.E.L Grimson, “Adaptive background mixture models for real-time tracking” in Proc. IEEE Computing Vision And Pattern Recognition, 1999, Vol. 2, pp. 246–252, June 1999.
- A. Doshi et.al, “Smoothing of optical flow using robustified diffusion kernels” Image Vis. Computing, Vol. 28, no. 12, pp. 1575–1589, Dec. 2010.
- Gokilavani Chinnasamy, Gowtham M., “A Novel Approach for enhancing foggy images” International Journal of Emerging Technology and Advanced Enginnering, Vol.4, no.10, pp.88-91, October 2014.
- Bo Li, Shuhang Wang, Jin Zheng, Liping Zheng, “Single image haze removal using content adaptive dark channel and post enhancement” IET Comput. Vis., Vol. 8, no.2, pp. 131-140, July 2013.
- Tae Ho Kil, Sang Hwa Lee,Nam Ik Cho, “A Dehazing algorithm using dark channel prior and contrast enhancement” IEEE Transactions On Intelligent Transportation Systems, pp. 2484-2487,May 2013.
- Harpoonamdeep Kaur, Dr. Rajiv Mahajan, “A Review on various visibility restoration techniques” International Journal of Advanced Research in Computer and Comm. Engg.,Vol. 3,no.5, pp. 6622-6625, May 2014.
- Yadwinder Singh, Er.Rajan Goyal, “Haze removal in color images using Hybrid Dark Channel Prior and Bilateral Filter” International Journal on Recent and Innovation trends in Comp. and Comm., Vol. 2, no. 12, pp. 4165-4171, December 2014.
- Mary Kim, Min Gyo Chung, “Recursively separated Weighing Histogram Equalizaton for brightness preservation and contrast enhancement”, Vol. 54, no.3, August 2008.
- Nancy, Er.Sumandeep Kaur, “Image Enhancement Techniques: A Selected Review” IOSR Journal of Computer Engg., Vol. 9, no. 6, pp. 84-88, April 2013.
- Ashamdeep Singh, “Spatial Image Enhancement of Color Images Using Texture Analysis” International Journal of Application or Innovation in Engineering & Management Volume 2, Issue 6, June 2013.
|Published in :
||Volume 2 | Issue 3 | May-June - 2016
|Date of Publication
Cite This Article
Davneet Kaur, Dr. Naresh Kumar Garg, "A Review on Road Scene Image Enhancement", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science, Engineering and Technology(IJSRSET), Print ISSN : 2395-1990, Online ISSN : 2394-4099, Volume 2, Issue 3, pp.397-401, May-June-2016.
URL : http://ijsrset.com/IJSRSET162382.php