Sensor network is a collection of distributed which are disposed of in area or field. Every sensor node captures some information from the area. All sensing information send to the sink node from all source nodes. Congestion and heavy traffic are the major issues in the network. The rate of packet transmission is greater than the rate of packet receiving then congestion will occur near the sink node. Due to the less available bandwidth for the data transmission in the network packet loss may be increased. Congestion and collision occur due to the less communication capacity and bandwidth. So to solve this problem we have implement bandwidth allocation algorithm (BAA) in the network. BAA algorithm allocates the fair bandwidth for the sink nearest node. So it helps to increase the data transfer rate and capacity of the communication channel. BAA algorithm achieves average packet delivery ratio, reduce packet loss ratio and save more energy for the nodes. The result shows the BAA algorithm is drastically better as compared to existing algorithms.
Samita D. Indurkar, N. P. Kulkarni
Wireless sensor networks, packet delivery ratio, congestion control, throughput, sink node, energy consumption etc.
- Trilok Chand & Bhisham Sharma, “HRCCTP: a Hybrid Reliable and Congestion Control Transport Protocol for Wireless Sensor Networks”, IEEE Conference on Sensors, pp. 1-5, 2015
- Niranjan Singh, Deepak Soni, Dr. A. Nagaraju, “Dynamic Bandwidth Allocation and Congestion Control Using Data Aggregation”, IEEE Conference, pp. 1-5, 2014.
- Sinan Toklu , O. Ayhan Erdem, “BSC-MAC: Energy efficiency in wireless sensor networks with base station control”, Elsevier journal on computer networks 59, pp. 91-100, 2014.
- Swastik Brahma , Mainak Chatterjee , Kevin Kwiat , Pramod K. Varshney, “Traffic management in wireless sensor networks: Decoupling congestion control and fairness”, Elsevier, Computer Communications 35 (2012) 670–681.
- Marwan Al-Jemeli, Fawnizu A. Hussin, “An Energy Efficient Cross-Layer Network Operation Model for IEEE 802.15.4-Based Mobile Wireless Sensor Networks”, IEEE Sensors JOURNAL, Vol. 15, No. 2,PP. 684-692, Feb. 2015
- Mui Van Nguyent, Choong Seon Hong and Long Bao Le, “Cross-Layer Cognitive MAC Design for Multi-hop Wireless Ad-hoc Networks with Stochastic Primary Protection”, 2013 IEEE (WCNC): Networks, pp. 1802-1807, 2013
- Charalambos Sergiou and Vasos Vassiliou, “ HRTC: A Hybrid Algorithm for Efficient Congestion Control in Wireless Sensor Networks” , IEEE Conference Sensors,pp. 1-5,
- LI Chengtie, WANG Jinkuan, WANG Bin , HAN Yinghua, GAO Jing, “Cross-layer Congestion Control Algorithm Based on Compressed Sensing in Wireless Sensor Networks”, Chinese Control Conference, pp. 5830-5833, china 2014.
- Qian Peng, Dong Enqing, Xu Juan, Lan Xing, Liu Wei, Cui Wentao “Multipath Routing Protocol Based on Congestion Control Mechanism Implemented by Cross-Layer Design Concept for WSN” , IEEE Conference on Computational Science and Engineering, pp. 378-384, 2014.
- Ali Shareef, Aliha Shareef, Yifeng Zhu, “Optrix: Energy Aware Cross-Layer Routing Using Convex Optimization in Wireless Sensor Networks”, IEEE, pp. 141-150, 2015
|Published in :
||Volume 2 | Issue 5 | September-October - 2016
|Date of Publication
Cite This Article
Samita D. Indurkar, N. P. Kulkarni, "BAA : Bandwidth Allocation algorithm for achieving Fairness and Packet Delivery Ratio in Wireless Sensor Networks", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science, Engineering and Technology(IJSRSET), Print ISSN : 2395-1990, Online ISSN : 2394-4099, Volume 2, Issue 5, pp.32-35, September-October-2016.
URL : http://ijsrset.com/IJSRSET1624102.php