Main purpose of this paper is designing safe and cost effective grounding systems for 220/66 KV Hybrid (AIS/GIS) substation situated at such locations where soil of the substation site is not uniform. Standard equations are used in the design of earthing system to get desired parameters such as touch and step voltage criteria for safety, earth resistance, grid resistance, maximum grid current, minimum conductor size and electrode size, maximum fault current level and resistivity of soil. By selecting the proper horizontal conductor size, vertical electrode size and soil resistivity, the best choice of earthing design for safety can be performed.
Hetal Desai, Prakruti Shah
Substation, GIS, AIS, step and touch potential, GPR.
- Mithun Mondal, Dr R.K Jarial, Satyaprakash Ram, Gurmeet Singh Design and Analysis of Substation Grounding Grid with and without Considering Seasonal Factors using EDSA Software' International Journal of Innovations in Engineering and Technology Special Issue - ICAECE-2013 64 ISSN : 2319-1058
- Mallesh Gadeppanavar1, Vinay Pattanashetti2 1,2Electrical and Electronics Engineering department, Angadi institute of technology and management Belgaum-590008, India ” Design of Future Substation” International Journal of Emerging Technology and Advanced Engineering Website: www.ijetae.com (ISSN 2250-2459, ISO 9001:2008 Certified Journal, Volume 3,Issue 3, March 2013) 151
- Robert S. Nowell “Electrical Power Substation Engineering” Georgia Power Company © 2003 by CRC Press LLC
- IEEE Std 80-2000 IEEE Guide for Safety in AC Substation Grounding Substations Committee of the IEEE Power Engineering Society Approved 30 January 2000 (Revision of IEEE Std 80-1 986)
- http://www.lightningprotection.co.nz/substation earthing-design
|Published in :
||Volume 2 | Issue 4 | July-August - 2016
|Date of Publication
Cite This Article
Hetal Desai, Prakruti Shah, "Earthing Design for 220/66 KV Hybrid (AIS and GIS) Sub-Station", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science, Engineering and Technology(IJSRSET), Print ISSN : 2395-1990, Online ISSN : 2394-4099, Volume 2, Issue 4, pp.488-493, July-August-2016.
URL : http://ijsrset.com/IJSRSET1624105.php