Abstract – Wireless Sensor Networks (WSNs) are widely used in different types of applications. Due to the open medium of these networks, they are vulnerable against the intrusions or attacks. Any adversary can have the opportunity to insert their attacks to dump the performance of the sensor nodes or the overall network. To identify the adversaries, Watchdog nodes are selected based on different mechanisms with limited assumptions. Once the adversary has the internal network knowledge, then the conventional monitoring mechanisms could be useless. This work provides resilient solution over these critical issues by selecting the watchdog nodes using On-Demand Dynamic Monitoring and Routing Protocol (ODDMRP) with secret key management techniques.. Here, the watchdog node selection processes and the monitoring processes are kept secret against any type of adversary or against various attacks.
S. Rajasoundaran, P. Narayanasamy, S. Kasirajan
Wireless Sensor Networks, Attacks, Watchdog Nodes, Key Generation
- Sushmita Ruj, AmiyaNayak,and Ivan Stojmenovic,"Pairwise and Triple Key Distribution in Wireless Sensor Networks with Applications", IEEE transactions on computers, vol. 62, no. 11, pp. 2224-2237 november 2013.
- S. Kasirajan, R. V. K. Manoj Kumar; S. B. Manoj, S. Rajasoundaran, P. Narayanasamy, "An analytical approach to secured routing protocol using pre-key distribution in clustered wireless sensor networks" , 2014 IEEE International Conference on Information Communication and Embedded Systems (ICICES).
- Walid Bechkit, Yacine Challal, Abdelmadjid Bouabdallah, and Vahid Tarokh, “A Highly Scalable Key Pre-Distribution Scheme for Wireless Sensor Networks”, IEEE transactions on wireless communications, vol. 12, no. 2, pp. 948-959 february 2013.
- Sooyeon Shin, Taekyoung Kwon, Gil-Yong Jo, Youngman Park, and Haekyu Rhy, “An Experimental Study of Hierarchical Intrusion Detection for Wireless Industrial Sensor Networks”, IEEE transactions on industrial informatics, vol. 6, no. 4, pp. 744-757 november 2010.
- Tingyao Jiang, Gangliang Wang and Heng Yu, “A Dynamic Intrusion Detection Scheme for Cluster-based Wireless Sensor Networks”, proceedings of 2010 conference on dependable computing (cdc’2010) november 20-22, 2010, yichang, china.
- Hichem Sedjelmaci, Sidi Mohammed Senouci, Mohammed Feham, “Intrusion Detection Framework of Cluster-based Wireless Sensor Network “, Abou Bakr Belkaid University, STIC Lab, Tlemcen, Algeria 2012.
- Zhenwei Yu, Jeffrey J. P. Tsai, and Thomas Weigert, “An Automatically Tuning Intrusion Detection System”, IEEE transactions on systems, man, and cybernetics—part b: cybernetics, vol. 37, no. 2, pp. 373-384 april 2007.
- Xin Zhou, Xiaofei Tang,” Research and Implementation of RSA Algorithm for Encryption and Decryption” 2011 The 6th International Forum on Strategic Technology.
- Mohammad Reza Rohbanian, Mohammad Rafi Kharazmi, Alireza Keshavarz-Haddad, Manije Keshtgary, “Watchdog-SLEACH: A new method based on SLEACH protocol to Secure Clustered Wireless Sensor Networks”, ACSIJ advances in computer science: an international journal, vol. 2, issue 3, no. , pp. 10-117 2013.
- Arampatzis, J. Lygeros, and S. Manesis, “A Survey of Applications of Wireless Sensors and Wireless Sensor Networks”, Proceedings of the 13th Mediterranean Conference on Control and Automation Limassol, Cyprus, June 27-29, 2005.
- Perrig, J. Stankovic, and D. Wagner., “Security in wireless sensor networks. Commun.”, ACM, 47(6):53–57, 2004.
- Yvonne Hitchcock, Colin Boyd and Juan Manuel Gonz_alez Nieto, “Tripartite Key Exchange in the Canetti-Krawczyk Proof Model”, Progress in Cryptology - INDOCRYPT 2004
|Published in :
||Volume 2 | Issue 4 | July-August - 2016
|Date of Publication
Cite This Article
S. Rajasoundaran, P. Narayanasamy, S. Kasirajan, "An Optimal Approach to Select Watchdogs using Secure Key management Schemes in Clustered Wireless Sensor Networks ", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science, Engineering and Technology(IJSRSET), Print ISSN : 2395-1990, Online ISSN : 2394-4099, Volume 2, Issue 4, pp.537-544, July-August-2016.
URL : http://ijsrset.com/IJSRSET1624109.php