The conventional sheet metal forming process need part dependent tooling, which costs in terms of time and money. Due to these factors along with increasing variants, variety in the sheet metal fabrication, highly flexible forming processes are being developed. The incremental sheet forming is one of the emerging flexible forming technologies in the sheet metal engineering, which rather uses universal tooling that is mostly part dependent .Hence the process offer higher flexibility reducing the product development greatly and making it suitable for low volume production. The present work focused on the optimization of the process parameters of the single point incremental forming (SPIF) process on vertical milling machine using Taguchi approach. The main aim of the optimization is to obtain the appropriate surface roughness values in the forming process. Subsequently the mathematical model developed using regression analysis to predict the values of the surface roughness for different products and different values of the predictors.
Ganesh Dasharath Khatal, B. R. Borkar, Ghadmode M. M.
SPIF, Taguchi, Milling Machine, Surface Roughness
- Nimbalkar D.H., "Review of Incremental Forming of Sheet Metal Components", International Journal of Engineering Research and Applications Vol. 3, Issue 5, pp.39-51 Sep-Oct 2013,
- J. Leona, et al., "Analysis of the influence of geometrical parameters on the mechanical properties of incremental sheet forming parts", The Manufacturing Engineering Society International Conference MESIC 2014
- Bagudancha, "Forming force in Single Point Incremental Forming under different bending conditions", The Manufacturing Engineering Society International Conference, MESIC 2013
- J. Lupianez, "The effect of process parameters on the energy consumption in Single Point Incremental Forming", The Manufacturing Engineering Society International Conference
- Massimo Callegari "Sheet Incremental Forming: Advantages of Robotised Cells vs. CNC Machines", Industrial Robotics: Programming, Simulation and Application, ISBN 3-86611-286-6, pp. 702,
- C. Pandivelan, A.K. Jeevanantham, "Formability Evaluation of AA 6061 Alloy Sheets on Single Point Incremental Forming using CNC Vertical Milling Machine". ISSN: 2028-2508
- M.B. Silva, M. Skjoedt, "single point incremental forming of metal sheets", Instituto Superior Tecnico, Technical University of Denmark.
- Premika Suriyaprakan, "Single Point Incremental Forming and Multi-Stage Incremental Forming on Aluminium Alloy 1050", Thammasat University February 2013,
- Adrian Blaga, "Contributions to the incremental forming of thin metal sheets", Lucian Blaga" University Of Sibiu (2011).
|Published in :
||Volume 2 | Issue 4 | July-August - 2016
|Date of Publication
Cite This Article
Ganesh Dasharath Khatal, B. R. Borkar, Ghadmode M. M., "Parametric Optimization of SPIF Process Using Taguchi Method", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science, Engineering and Technology(IJSRSET), Print ISSN : 2395-1990, Online ISSN : 2394-4099, Volume 2, Issue 4, pp.65-68, July-August-2016.
URL : http://ijsrset.com/IJSRSET162411.php