Most widely operation on the sheet metal is sheet metal Bending process. Occurrence of springback during the manufacturing of the bending products is seen most of the time. The deviation of the component part dimensions from its tool dimension after the forming process is known as the springback phenomenon. This sringback causes deviation of the dimension from the desired dimension causes rejection in the production. To reduce this rejection of the part and to make the part acceptable there is need to know the springback phenomenon for that part. To reduce or investigate the springback phenomenon the trial and error method is widely used in industrial practice. This trial and error is also known as geometrical compensation method & it required many trials causes increase in cost to develop the tool dimensions. Hence there is need to predict the springback effect for the component in tool design process. This paper is based on review of the various researches on the springback phenomenon its influencing parameters. In this paper the review of the previous researches on springback prediction and its influencing parameters is carried out. The research gap is concluded within the reviewed papers.
Sumit A. Paithankar, Prof. B. V. Varade
Springback, Bend Angle, Sheet thickness, Regression analysis, FEA
- Weng, R. N. White, Residual stresses in cold-bent thick Steel plates, Journal of Structural Engineering, Vol. 116, No. 1, January, 1990. ©ASCE, ISSN 0733-9445/90/0001-0024/$1.00 + $.15 per page. Paper No. 24218.
- Nan Song, Dong Qian, Jian Cao, Wing Kam Liu, Shaofan Li, Effective Models for Prediction of Springback In Flanging, ASME , October 2001, Vol. 123, 456-461.
- Thaweepat Buranathiti, Jian Cao, An effective analytical model for springback prediction in straight flanging processes, Int. J. Materials and Product Technology, Vol. 21, Nos. 1/2/3, 2004, pp. 135-153
- Jenn-Terng Gau, Gary L. Kinzel , A New Model for Springback Prediction for Aluminum Sheet Forming, Journal of Engineering Materials and Technology July 2005, Vol. 127 / 279-288
- Hyunok Kim, Ninad Nargundkar, TaylanAltan, Prediction of Bend Allowance and Springback in Air Bending, ASME , April 2007, Vol. 129, 342-351
- Cedric Xia, Craig E. Miller, FengRen, Experimental and Numerical Investigations of a Split-Ring Test for Springback, ASME , April 2007, Vol. 129, 352-359
- Myoung-Gyu Lee, Daeyong Kim, R. H. Wagoner, Kwansoo Chung, Semi-Analytic Hybrid Method to Predict Springback in the 2D Draw Bend Test, ASME, November 2007, Vol. 74, 1264-1275
- Jeswiet , M. Geiger, U. Engel, M. Kleiner, M. Schikorra, J. Duflou , R. Neugebauer , P. Bariani, S. Bruschi, Metal forming progress since2000, Elsevier,CIRP Journal of Manufacturing Science and Technology 1(2008)2-17
- A. Osman , M. Shazly, A. El-Mokaddem, A.S. Wifi, Springback prediction in V-die bending: modelling and experimentation, Vol. 38, ISSUE 2, February 2010, 179-186
- Mohammad Ali Farsi, BehroozArezoo, Bending Force and Spring-Back in V Die-Bending of Perforated Sheet-Metal Components, J. of the Braz. Soc. Of Mech. Sci. & Eng. January-March 2011, Vol. XXXIII, 45-5
- Tian-xiaZou, Ji-yuanXin, Da-yong Li, QiangRen, Analytical approach of springback of arced thin plates bending, Elsevier, Procedia Engineering 81(2014) 993–998
- .Zhi Fang , Haina Lu , Dongbin Wei , Zhengyi Jiang, Xianming Zhao, Xiaoming Zhang, Di Wu , Elsevier ,Procedia Engineering 81(2014)1011–1016
- KomgritLawanwomga, Hiroshi Hamasaki, Ryutaro Hino, Fusahito Yoshida, A novel technology to eliminate U-bending springback of high strength steel sheet by using additional bending with counter punch, Elsevier,Procedia Engineering 81(2014)957–962
- Min Kuk Choi, Hoon Huh, Effect of punch speed on amount of springback in U-bending process of auto-body steel sheets, Elsevier,Procedia Engineering 81(2014)96 –968
- Miklos Tisza, ZsoltLukacs, Springback analysis of high strength dual-phase steels, Elsevier, Procedia Engineering 81(2014)975–980
- Tianjiao Liu, Yongjun Wang, Jianjun Wu, Xiaojiao Xia , Wei Wang, Shunhong Wang, Springback of extruded 2196-T8511 and 2099-T83 Al-Li alloys in stretch bending, Elsevier, Procedia Engineering 81 (2014)981–986
- Ozgu Senol, VolkanEsat, HalukDarendeliler, Springback analysis in air bending process through experiment based artificial neural networks, Elsevier,Procedia Engineering 81 (2014)999–1004
- Vitalii Vorkov, Richard Aerens, Dirk Vandepitte, Joost R. Duflou, Springback prediction of high-strength steels in large radius air bending using finite element modeling approach, Elsevier, Procedia Engineering81(2014)1005–10.
- QiuZheng, Tatsuya Aoyama, Tetsuhide Shimizu, Ming Yang, Experimental and numerical analysis of springback behavior under elevated temperatures in micro bending assisted by resistance heating, Elsevier, Procedia Engineering 81(2014)1481 – 1486
- James A. Polyblank, Julian M. Allwood, Support roller control andspringback compensation in flexiblespinning, Elsevier, Procedia Engineering 81 ( 2014 ) 2499 – 2504
- GawadeSharad, Dr. V. M. Nandedkar, Springback in Sheet Metal U Bending Fea and Neural Network Approach, Elsevier, Procedia Materials Science 6 (2014) 835 – 839
- Schaal, F. Kuster, K. Wegener, Springback in metal cutting with high cutting speeds, Elsevier, Procedia CIRP 31 ( 2015 ) 24 – 28
- Paul S. Nebosky, Steven R. Schmid, M.-A. Selle, TheSpringback Characteristics of a Porous TantalumSheet-Metal, Journal of Manufacturing Science and Engineering DECEMBER 2011, Vol. 133 / 061022-1-9
- Peng Chen, MuammerKoç, Michael L. Wenner, Experimental Investigation of Springback Variation in Forming of High Strength Steels, Journal of Manufacturing Science and Engineering AUGUST 2008, Vol.130/041006-1-9
- QiongyaoPeng, XiongqiPeng, Yinjun Wang. Tao Wang, Investigation on V Bending and Springback of Laminated Steel Sheets, Journal of Manufacturing Science and Engineering AUGUST 2015, Vol. 137 / 041002-1-8
|Published in :
||Volume 2 | Issue 4 | July-August - 2016
|Date of Publication
Cite This Article
Sumit A. Paithankar, Prof. B. V. Varade, "Springback Prediction And Its Influencing Parameters - Review", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science, Engineering and Technology(IJSRSET), Print ISSN : 2395-1990, Online ISSN : 2394-4099, Volume 2, Issue 4, pp.510-516, July-August-2016.
URL : http://ijsrset.com/IJSRSET1624118.php