An adhesive is a material used for holding two surfaces together. An adhesive must wet the surfaces, hold fast to the surfaces, develop strength after it has been applied, and remain Stable. In this work we work on aerospace application, for that application we used material as SS304 and used Adhesive as EA-E30HV.We used specimen size as 130*30*1.95mm. We used different overlap length and overlap thickness. We Select that overlap length and thickness by using different criteria. We used Ansys software to calculate appropriate overlap length and overlap thickness, for that we used Von-misses stress and Deformation, and select one combination which having maximum von-misses stress and maximum deformation.
Snehal Gholap, Prof. R.S. Shelke
SS304, Adhesive, EA-E30HV,Ansys
- Hans Nordberg ,"Overlap Joining Of Stainless Steel Sheets", Spot welded, adhesive bonded, weld bonded, laser welded and clinched joints of stainless steel sheets- their mechanical properties
- Zak and Wendy Xu Wang ,"Adhesive Bonding Of Sheet For Laminated Metal Tooling", by Gene in Centre for Automotive Materials and Manufacturing
- Rohan P. Chumble(2014), "Stress-strain effects of adhesive layer thickness on Single lap joint by using Ansys", International Journal for Research in Technological Studies Vol. 1, Issue 8, July 2014 ISSN (online): 2348-1439."
- P.Raos, M. Lucic and F. Matejicek, "Experimental investigation of adhesive layer properties", In Mechanical Engineering Faculty, University of Osijek, HR-35000 Slavonski Brod, Croatia.
- HE Dan Toshiyuki SAWA Atsushi KARAMI ,"Stress Analysis And Strength Evaluation Of Scarf Adhesive Joints With Dissimilar Adherends Subjected To Static Bending Moments," Asian Pacific Conference for Materials and Mechanics, 2009 at Yokohama, Japan, November 13-16
- Demir Aydin, Adnan Ozel in J.Adhesion ,"The Effect Of Adherend Thickness On The Failure Of Adhesively-Bonded Single-Lap Joints,"Murat Sci.Technol.,Vol.19, no.8, pp.705-718(2005)
- Nikhil V. Nayak ,"Composite Materials In Aerospace Applications", International Journal of Scientific and Research Publications, Volume 4, Issue 9, September 2014 1 ISSN 2250-3153.
- M. Lucić a,*, A. Stoić a, J. Kopač, "Investigation of aluminum single lap adhesively bonded joints", Journal of Achievements in Materials and Manufacturing Engineering, Vol .15, ISSUE 1-March-April 2006.
- "Technical data sheet for Loctite EA E-30HV"
|Published in :
||Volume 2 | Issue 4 | July-August - 2016
|Date of Publication
Cite This Article
Snehal Gholap, Prof. R.S. Shelke, "Determination of Overlap Length and Overlap Thickness of SS304 by Using Ansys", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science, Engineering and Technology(IJSRSET), Print ISSN : 2395-1990, Online ISSN : 2394-4099, Volume 2, Issue 4, pp.46-51, July-August-2016.
URL : http://ijsrset.com/IJSRSET162413.php