The need for a company to host a web application on the state of the art infrastructure has led to the usage of Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS). Cloud IaaS providers are companies that provide the most basic IT needs – servers, networking, and storage – on a usage-based payment model. They typically make heavy investments in data centers and other infrastructure, and then rent it out, allowing consumers to avoid investments of their own. Even these providers, however, are not all pursuing the same business model. There is no proper framework for analyzing the risk of hosting a web application on the above mentioned Cloud Infrastructure's. In this work we develop a static risk assessment tool using the multi-valued decision making algorithm for the service providers who are going to host their service on the cloud Infrastructure. This tool analyses the service provider's hosting requirement and suggests the less risky cloud provider to host their services.
Tina Esther Trueman, Dr. P. Narayanasamy
Static Risk Assessment, Multi Criteria Decision Making, Cloud Service Providers Assessment
- A Risk Assessment Framework for Cloud Computing, Karim Djemame et al., IEEE Transactions on cloud computing, vol. X, no. Y, September 2013.
- J. Ferrer, F. Hernandez, J. Tordsson, E. Elmroth, A. Ali-Eldin, C. Zsigri, R. Sirvent, J. Guitart, R. M. Badia, K. Djemame, W. Ziegler, T. Dimitrakos, S. K. Nair, G. Kousiouris, K. Konstanteli,T. Varvarigou, B. Hudzia, A. Kipp, S. Wesner, M. Corrales, N. Forgo, T. Sharif, and C. Sheridan, “Optimis: A holistic approach to cloud service provisioning,” Future Generation Computer Systems, vol. 28, no. 1, pp. 66 – 77, 2012.
- Zhang, N.Wuwong, H. Li, and X. Zhang, “Information security risk management framework for the cloud computing environments,” in Proceedings of the 2010 10th IEEE International Conference on Computer and Information Technology, ser. CIT ’10. Washington, DC, USA: IEEE Computer Society, 2010, pp. 1328–1334.
- Djemame, I. Gourlay, J. Padgett, K. Voss, and O. Kao, Market-Oriented Grid Computing, R. Buyya and K. Bubendorfer (Eds.). Wiley,2009, ch. Risk Management in Grids.
- Simon, N. Minh, F. De la Torre, and J. F. Cohn, “Action unit detection with segment-based SVMs,” inProc. IEEE Conf. Comput. Vis. Pattern Recognit. (CVPR), 2010, pp. 2737–2744.
- Xu, “Enterprise systems: State-of-the-art and future trends, IEEE Trans. Ind. Informat., vol. 7, pp. 630–640, Nov. 2011.P. Yang, Q. Liu, X. Cui, and D. N. Metaxas, “Facial expression recognition using encoded dynamic features,” in Proc. IEEE Conf. Comput. Vis. Pattern Recognit. (CVPR), Jun. 2008, pp. 1–8.
- P. Jogalekar and C.M. Woodside, ªEvaluating the Scalability of Distributed Systems,º Proc. 31st Hawaii Int'l Conf. System Sciences, vol. 7, pp. 524±524, Jan. 1998.
- Cloud SLAs: Present and Future. Salman A. Baset IBM Research.
|Published in :
||Volume 2 | Issue 4 | July-August - 2016
|Date of Publication
Cite This Article
Tina Esther Trueman, Dr. P. Narayanasamy, "Risk assessment of Hosting a Web Application on Cloud Infrastructure Providers", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science, Engineering and Technology(IJSRSET), Print ISSN : 2395-1990, Online ISSN : 2394-4099, Volume 2, Issue 4, pp.635-640, July-August-2016.
URL : http://ijsrset.com/IJSRSET1624140.php