The present study discusses a novel two layer technique for securing digital images. The two techniques used are visual cryptography (VC) scheme and int-to-int wavelet transforms (IWT). (2, 2) –VC scheme is used to split the secret image into two shares. The IWT is used to decompose the image into its sub bands and the secret image shares are stored in the HH band of the decomposition. Invisibly embedding image shares generated by the visual cryptography in the host image to provide authentication to the shares. The proposed scheme is compared with the traditional discrete cosine transform (DCT) for watermarking. The performance is measured by computing peak signal to noise ratio, mean square error and cross-correlation coefficient.
Sarita, Sudesh Nandal, Sandeep Dahiya
Image Encryption, Decryption, Visual Cryptography, Watermarking, DCT, DWT
- Naor and A. Shamir, “Visual cryptography,” in Advances in Cryptology-EUROCRYPT ’94, LNCS 950, Springer-Verlag, pp. 1-12, 1995.
- Naor and A. Shamir, “Visual cryptography 2: Improving the contrast via the cover base,” 1996, a preliminary version appears in “Security Protocols”, M. Lomas ed. Vol. 1189 of Lecture Notes in Computer Science, Springer-Verlag, Berlin, pp.197-202, 1997.
- D. S. G. Ateniese, C. Blundo and D. R. Stinson, “Constructions and bounds for visual cryptography,” in 23rd International Colloquium on Automata, Languages and Programming, ser. Lecture Notes in Computer Science, F. M. auf der Heide and B. Monien, Eds., vol. 1099. Berlin: Springer-Verlag, , pp. 416–428, 1996.
- Blundo, P. D’Arco, A. D. Snatis, and D. R. Stinson, “Contrast optimal threshold visual cryptography schemes,” SIAM Journal vol. 16, no. 2, pp. 224– 261, April 1998.
- C. Hou, C. Y. Chang, and S. F. Tu, “Visual cryptography for color images based on halftone technology,” in International Conference on Information Systems, Analysis and Synthesis. World Multiconference on Systemics, Cybernetics and Informatics. Image, Acoustic, Speech And Signal Processing: Part II, 2001.
- G. Schyndel, A. Tirkel, and C.F Osborne, “A Digital Watermark” , Proceedings of IEEE International conference on Image Processing, pp. 86-90, 1994
- Radhika V. Totla, K.S. Bapat.”Comparitive Analaysis Of Watermarking In Digital Image Using DCT And DWT”, International Journal Of Scientific And Research Publication, Vol. 3, Issue 2, Feb 2013
- Bhupendra Ram, “Digital Image Watermarking Techniques Using Discrete Wavelet And Discrete Cosine Transform”, International Journal Of Advancements In Research And Technology, Vol.2, Issue 4, April 2013
- L. Lin, S. J. Horng, K. H. Lee, P. L. Chiu, T. W. Kao, Y. H. Chen, R. S. Run, J. L. Lai, and R. J. Chen, “A novel visual secret sharing scheme for multiple secrets without pixel expansion,” Expert Systems with Applications, Vol. 37, No. 12, pp. 7858-7869, 2010.
- Jagdeep Verma, Vineeta Khemchandani “A Visual Cryptographic Technique To Secure Image Shares,” International Journal Of Engineering Research And Applications (IJERA), Vol. 2, No. 1, , pp.1121-1125, Jan-Feb 2012.
- Preeti Parashar and Rajeev Kumar Singh “A Survey: Digital Image Watermarking Techniques,” International Journal of Signal Processing, Image Processing and Pattern Recognition, Vol. 7, No. 6 , pp. 111-124, 2014.
- A. Suhail and M. S. Obaidat, "Digital watermarking-based DCT and JPEG model," in IEEE Transactions on Instrumentation and Measurement, Vol. 52, No. 5, pp. 1640-1647, Oct. 2003.
- Bhupendra Ram, “Digital Image Watermarking Techniques Using Discrete Wavelet and Discrete Cosine Transform,” International Journal of Advancements in Research and technology, Vol.2, No. 4, April 2013.
- S. Gonge and J. W. Bakal, “Robust Digital Watermarking Techniques by Using DCT and Spread Spectrum,” International Journal of Electrical, Electronics and Data Communication, Vol. 1, No. 2, pp 111-124, 2013.
- Ankita A. Hooda, N. J. Janve,”A Hybrid and Robust Wavelet Based Video Watermarking Scheme for Copyright Protection Using Principle Component Analysis,” International Journal of Computer Trends and Technology, Vol. 4, No. 6, pp. 1727-1732, 2013.
- Gu Tianming and Wang Yanjie, "DWT-based digital image watermarking algorithm," Electronic Measurement & Instruments (ICEMI), 2011 10th International Conference on, Chengdu, pp. 163-166, 2011.
- Y. Yang, W. Y. Hwang and Y. F. Cheng, "IWT-Based Watermarking By Adaptive Bit-Labeling Scheme," Intelligent Information Hiding and Multimedia Signal Processing, 2008. IIHMSP '08 International Conference on, Harbin,pp. 1165-1168, , 2008.
|Published in :
||Volume 2 | Issue 4 | July-August - 2016
|Date of Publication
Cite This Article
Sarita, Sudesh Nandal, Sandeep Dahiya, "Image Encryption using Visual Cryptography and Watermarking Techniques", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science, Engineering and Technology(IJSRSET), Print ISSN : 2395-1990, Online ISSN : 2394-4099, Volume 2, Issue 4, pp.687-692, July-August-2016.
URL : http://ijsrset.com/IJSRSET1624152.php