When a cognitive radio (CR) device changes its operation frequency, it experiences a hardware switching delay to tune to its new frequency before it can fully utilize it. This delay in general depends on the wideness between the two frequency bands. When the range of frequencies that the cognitive radio network (CRN) operates in is narrow, this delay difference might be negligible. But the CRNs of the future are envisioned to operate in a wide range of frequency bands. So the spectrum allocation and scheduling algorithms designed for CRNs have to take into account different delays that occur while switching to different frequency bands. The dependence of the switching delay on the wideness between the old and new central frequencies is unique to the dynamic spectrum access paradigm since other wireless technologies typically operate in a narrower bandwidth. In the proposed work a model is presented for spectrum aware on-demand routing in cognitive radio networks.
Preet Kaur, Kartik Sharma
Cognitive Radio Networks, Spectrum aware on-demand routing, Cognitive radio network(CRN), spectrum allocation.
- Samir R. Das,Charles E. Perkins “Performance Comparison of Two On-demand Routing Protocols for Ad Hoc Networks” IEEE INFOCOM 2000 conference.
- Ian F. Akyildiz, Won-Yeol Lee, Mehmet C. Vuran ,ShantidevMohanty “Next generation/dynamic spectrum access/cognitive radio wireless networks: A survey” Computer Networks 50 (2006) 2127–2159.
- Geng Cheng, Wei Liu, Yunzhao Li, Wenqing Cheng “Spectrum Aware On-demand Routing in Cognitive Radio Networks” pp.1-5, 2007 IEEE.
- Dong Wan-li, GuNai-jie, Tu Kun, Bi Kun and Liu Gang “DODR: Delay On-Demand Routing” International Journal of Computer, Information, Systems and Control Engineering Vol:1 No:10, 2007.
- Guo-Mei Zhu, Ian F. Akyildiz, Geng-Sheng (G.S.) Kuo “STOD-RP: A Spectrum-Tree Based On-Demand Routing Protocol for Multi-Hop Cognitive Radio Networks. IEEE "GLOBECOM" 2008 proceedings.
- R. Chowdhury a, M.D. Felice “Search: A routing protocol for mobile cognitive radio ad-hoc networks” Elsevier/ Computer Communications 32 (2009)
- IoannisPefkianakis, Starsky H.Y. Wong and Songwu Lu “SAMER: Spectrum Aware Mesh Routing in Cognitive Radio Networks” pp.1-5,2008 IEEE.
- Hua Song and Xiaola Lin “Spectrum Aware Highly Reliable Routing in Multihop Cognitive Radio Networks” 978-1-4244-5668-0/09 ppr.1-5, 2009 IEEE.
- Shih-Chun Lin and Kwang-Cheng Chen “Spectrum Aware Opportunistic Routing in Cognitive Radio Networks” IEEE Globecom 2010 proceedings.
- ShamsadParvin,TakeoFujii “A Novel Spectrum Aware Routing Scheme for Multi-hop Cognitive Radio Mesh Networks” IEEE 22nd international symposium on personal, pp. 572-576, 2011.
- AthinaBourdena, George Mastorakis, GeorgiosKormentzas, EvangelosPallis “A Spectrum Aware Routing Protocol for Ad-Hoc Cognitive Radio Networks” The 23rd Annual IEEE International Symposium on Personal, Indoor and Mobile Radio Communications (PIMRC’12)
- NilimaWalde and SunitaBarve “Spectrum Aware Routing In Cognitive Radio Network” ISSN (Online): 2347-2812, Volume-1, Issue -3, 2013
- Shelly Salim and SangmanMoh “On-demand routing protocols for cognitive radio Ad-hoc networks” Springer open journal, Salim and Moh EURASIP Journal on Wireless Communication and Networking, 2013.
- ZamreeChe-aron, Aisha Hassan Abdalla and Khaizuran Abdullah “The Performance Evaluation of AODV-based and DSR-based Multi-radio Routing Protocols in Cognitive Radio Ad Hoc Network” Research Journal of Applied Sciences, Engineering and Technology 6(7): 1276-1282, 2013.
- RanaAsifRehman and Byung-Seo Kim “L2ER: Low-Latency and Energy-Based Routing Protocol for Cognitive Radio Ad Hoc Networks” Hindawi Publishing Corporation International Journal of Distributed Sensor Networks Volume 2014, Article ID 963202.
|Published in :
||Volume 2 | Issue 4 | July-August - 2016
|Date of Publication
Cite This Article
Preet Kaur, Kartik Sharma, "Spectrum aware on-demand routing in cognitive radio networks ", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science, Engineering and Technology(IJSRSET), Print ISSN : 2395-1990, Online ISSN : 2394-4099, Volume 2, Issue 4, pp.572-576, July-August-2016.
URL : http://ijsrset.com/IJSRSET162421.php