This paper proposes a novel approach to optimize the tag detection, coverage problem and power allocation issues of the RFID reader and tags. We have investigated the effects of variable localization of RFID tags from reader and power loss, inefficiency and distance constraints caused due to equal power allocations to the tags. As an improvement to the situation, implementation of adaptive algorithm has been proposed which could estimate the variable distances of tag from the reader and distribute power to tags based on this calculation. We have proposed the implementation of smart antenna instead of traditional antenna in RFID system addressing the above cited problems. Results from mathematical analysis and simulation has been included which demonstrate that our proposed scheme shows a significant improvement over the traditional approaches of tag detection and power allocation techniques of RFID systems.
RFID, Adaptive Algorithm, Smart Antenna, Reader, Tag , Tag Detection & Power Allocation
- Nazish Irfan and Mustapha C.E. Yagoub Khelifa Hettak(2012), “Efficient, Approach for Redundant Reader Elimination for Directional Antenna in RFID Networks”, International Journal of RFID Security and Cryptography (IJRFIDSC),” Volume 1, Issues ½.
- Bendavid, S. F. Wamba, and L. A. Lefebvre(2006), “Proof of Concept of an RFID-Enabled Supply Chain in a B2B e- Commerce Environment”, in Proceedings of the 8th International Conference on Electronic Commerce(ICEC’06), pp. 564-568.
- SHU-Yi Wong, Chunhong Chen(2006), “Power Efficient Multi-Stage CMOS Rectifier Design For UHF RFID TAGS” Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, University of Windsor, Ontario, Canada.
- Kim and N. Y. Chong(2009), “Direction sensing RFID reader for mobile robot navigation.”, IEEE Transactions on Automation Science and Engineering”, 6(1):44–54.
- M. Ni, Y. Liu, Y. C. Lau, and A. P. Patil(2004), “LANDMARC: indoor location sensing using active RFID”, Wireless Networks,10:701–710, Springer Netherlands.
- Jin, X. Lu, and M. Park(2006), “An indoor localization mechanism using active RFID tag” In Proc. of the IEEE International Conference on Sensor Networks, Ubiquitous, and Trustworthy Computing. Korea University, Seoul 136-701, Korea, IEEE.
- Salonen, M. Keskilammi, L. Sydanheimo and M. Kivikoski(2000), “An intelligent 2.45 GHz beam-scanning array for modern RFID reader”, In Proc. of the IEEE International Conference on PhasedArray Systems and Technology.
- V. Nikitin, R. Martinez, S. Ramamurthy, H. Leland, G. Spiess and K. V. S. Rao(2010), “Phase based spatial identification of UHF RFID tags”. In Proc of the IEEE International Conference on RFID.
- Prof Zoran Vukic(2000), “A tutorial on adaptive control: The self tuning approach”, University of Zagreb, Croatia, Faculty of Electrical Engineering and Computing. Pp.3-4, March 23, 2000.
- Theodore S. Rappaport,”Wirless Communication”. Pp. 110-120, 3rd edition 2006.
- IoanDor Landau, “Adaptive Control: Algorithms, Analysis and Applications (Communications and Control Engineering)” pp. 69-80, 2nd edition.
- Ufoaroh S. U, Ohaneme C.O, Nwalozie G.C, Aniedu A.N(2010), “Improving the performance of CDMA mobile network using adaptive power control techniques”, IJACT.
|Published in :
||Volume 2 | Issue 5 | September-October - 2016
|Date of Publication
Cite This Article
Maliha Mahbub, "Performance Analysis of RFID Tag Detection with Smart Antenna Using Adaptive Power Allocation", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science, Engineering and Technology(IJSRSET), Print ISSN : 2395-1990, Online ISSN : 2394-4099, Volume 2, Issue 5, pp.01-08, September-October-2016.
URL : http://ijsrset.com/IJSRSET1624211.php