In India Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi decided to build 100 smart cities in India, and one of them is Pune, pune is the ninth-most populous city in India and second largest city of Maharashtra after the capital of Mumbai. Pune is also in the rank of world largest city in the world by 101st by the population and also considered in the cultural capital of Maharashtra. Pune is also one of the fastest growing cities in the Asia-Pacific region. The ‘Mercer 2015 Quality of Living rankings’ evaluated local living conditions in more than 440 cities around the world where Pune ranked at 145, second in India after Hyderabad (138).
In Pune there are lots of problem are being happened like traffic jams, roads are not wider for more traffic, no smart transportation is there in city. In this paper we talk about the Smart Transportation Management. To control the traffic in Pune, PMC launched the rapid transit system (MRTS) with Intelligent Transit Management System (ITMS). The average number of buses per lakh population is only 37, compared to the benchmark of 55. In this city most of the areas are going on under construction of bridge, because of that heavy traffic may occurs on office timings. All this type of study, implementation and new things which are useful for this city are mentioned in short details in this paper.
Manish U. Parate, Prof. Rahul Shinde
GPS, BRTS Network, CNG buses, MRTS, ITMS
- Pune Smart City Proposal PMC www.punecorporation.org
- www.pmpml.org, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pune_Mahanagar_Parivahan_Mahamandal_Limited
- Smart City Mission Transform Nation – Mission Statement & Guidelines, www.smartcities.gov.in
- Grant Thornton, India LLP, "Smart Transportation transforming Indian cities – Transportation sector reforms and development in India".
- Pune Smart City Proposal – Salient Features, "Smart Cities Mission"
- Google Map APIs. [Online] Available at https://developers.google.com/maps/documentation/webservices/ [Accessed: 25 Nov 2013].
- Alberto Fernández-Isabel and Rubén Fuentes-Fernández," Analysis of Intelligent Transportation Systems Using Model-Driven Simulations".
- Saed Tarapiah, Shadi Atalla, Rajaa AbuHania, "Smart On-Board Transportation Management System Using GPS/GSM/GPRS Technologies to Reduce Traffic Violation in Developing Countries"
|Published in :
||Volume 2 | Issue 4 | July-August - 2016
|Date of Publication
Cite This Article
Manish U. Parate, Prof. Rahul Shinde, "Transportation Management in Pune CIty", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science, Engineering and Technology(IJSRSET), Print ISSN : 2395-1990, Online ISSN : 2394-4099, Volume 2, Issue 4, pp.166-169, July-August-2016.
URL : http://ijsrset.com/IJSRSET162446.php