Energy saving is major matter in our global world, and heat exchanger is very useful for energy saving. Of course heat exchanger is most significant component for chemical reaction, distillation, dissolution, crystallization, fermentation etc. So the correct selection of heat exchanger is important in these processes. Spiral heat exchangers are known as excellent heat exchanger because of far compact and high heat transfer efficiency. This paper discusses about the applications of spiral tube heat exchanger.
R. W. Tapre, Dr. Jayant P. Kaware
Heat transfer rate, Heat transfer coefficient, Overall heat transfer coefficient, Nusselt number, Reynolds number.
- Kondhalkar G. E , Kapatkat V. N, " Performance Analysis of Spiral Tube Heat Exchanger used in oil extraction system" International Journa,l of Modern Engineering Research (IJMER), Vol.2, Issue.3, May-June 2012, pp-930-936.
- Paisarn Naphon, Somchai Wongwises, "A study of the heat transfer characteristics of a compact spiral coil heat exchanger under wet-surface conditions" Experimental Thermal and Fluid Science" 29, 2005, 511–521.
- R.Rajavel1, K. Saravanan, "An Experimental Study Of Spiral PlateHeat Exchanger For Electrolytes" Journal of the University of Chemical Technology and Metallurgy, 43, 2, 2008, 255-260.
- Dr M A. Hossain, M I. Islam, S A. Ratul, MT U R. Erin, "Comprehensive Study on Heat Transfer Co-efficient and Effectiveness for Water Using Spiral Coil Heat Exchanger" Proceedings of the Global Engineering, Science and Technology Conference 2012, Dhaka, Bangladesh, 28-29 December 2012.
- Dr.M.Thirumarimurugan, A.Sivalingam, T.S.Krushnathej,
- Prof.S.Gopalakrishnan, "Experimental and Simulation Studies On SpiralHeat Exchanger for Miscible System Using Matlab" International Journal of Advanced Engineering Technology, Vol.II, Issue IV, October-December2011, 269-277.
- Jay J. Bhavsar, V. K. Matawala, S. Dixit, "Design And Experimental Analysis Of Spiral Tube Heat Exchanger, International Journal of Mechanical and Production Engineering, ISSN: 2320-2092, Volume-1, Issue-1, July-2013.
- Dr.Rajavel Rangasamy, "Experimental and Numerical Studies Of A Spiral Plate Heat Exchanger" Thermal Science, Year 2014, Vol. 18, No. 4, pp. 1355-1360.
- Yanuar, N. Putra1, Gunawan & M. Baqi, "Flow And Convective Heat Transfer Characteristics Of Spiral Pipe For Nanofluids" International Journal of Research and Reviews in Applied Sciences, Vol7, Issue3, June 2011.
- Wu Dongwu, "Geometric calculations for the spiral heat exchanger"Chemical Engineering and Technology, Vol.26, 2003, 5.
- Paisarn Naphon, Somchai Wongwises, "A review of flow and heat Transfercharacteristics in curved tubes" Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews Vol.10, 2006, 463–490.
- J.C.Ho and N.E.Wijeysundera, "Study of a compact spiral coil cooling and Dehumidifying heat exchanger"Applied Thermal Engineering Vol.16, No.10, pp.777-790, 1996.
- Parinya Pongsoi, Santi Pikulkajorn, Somchai Wongwises, "Heat transfer and flow characteristics of spiral fin-and-tube heatexchangers: A Review"International journal of Heat and Mass Transfer 79, 2014, 417- 431.
- Paisarn Naphon, Somchai Wongwises, "An experimental study of the in tube convective heat transfer coefficient in a spiral coil heat exchanger"Int.Comm. Heat Mass Transfer, Vol.29, No.6, pp.797- 809, 2002.
- Pico´n-Nu´n˜ez, L. Canizalez-Da´valos, G. Martı´nez-Rodrı´guez and G.T. Polley, "Shortcut Design Approach For Spiral Heat Exchangers" Trans IchemE, Part C, Food and Bioproducts Processing, 2007, 85(C4), 322-327.
- Yuehong Bi, Lingen Chen, "Ground heat exchanger Temperature distribution analysis and experimental verification" Applied Thermal Engineering, 22, 2002, 183-189.
- R Z Wang,J Y Wu,Y X Xu,Y Teng, " Experiment on a continous heat regenerative adsorption regenerator using spiral plate heat exchanger as adsorbers" Applied Thermal Engineering, Vol.18,Nos.1-2,pp.13-23,1998.
- Matthew J. Targett, William B. Retallick, Stuart W. Churchill, "Solutions in Closed Form for a Double-Spiral Heat exchanger" Ind.Eng.Chem. Res., Vol.31, No.3, 1992
- Probal Guha, Vaishnavi Unde, "Mathematical Modeling of Spiral Heat Exchanger" International Journal of Engineering Research ISSN :(2319-6890) (online), 2347-5013(print) Volume No.3, Issue No.4, pp: 226-229.
- J.C.Ho and N.E.Wijeysundera, "The effectiveness of spiral coil heat exchanger" Int.Comm.Heat Mass Transfer, Vol.23, No.5, pp.623-631, 1996.
- Th. Bes and W. Roetzel, "Thermal theory of the spiral heat exchanger" International Journal Heat Mass Transfer Vol. 36. No. 3. pp. 765-713. 1993.
|Published in :
||Volume 2 | Issue 4 | July-August - 2016
|Date of Publication
Cite This Article
R. W. Tapre, Dr. Jayant P. Kaware, "Review on Research Design and Applications of Spiral Heat Exchanger", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science, Engineering and Technology(IJSRSET), Print ISSN : 2395-1990, Online ISSN : 2394-4099, Volume 2, Issue 4, pp.277-284, July-August-2016.
URL : http://ijsrset.com/IJSRSET162452.php