The continuous rise in global prices of crude oil, increasing threat to environment due to exhaust emissions, the problem of global warming and the threat of supply fuel oil instabilities have adversely impacted the developing countries, more so to the petroleum importing countries like India. From the point of view of long term energy security, it is necessary to develop substitute fuels specially for CI engine with properties comparable to petroleum based fuels.
Rahul Krishnaji Bawane, Nilima Baliram Gadge, Dinesh Krishnaji Bawane
Biodiesel, Pollution Problem, Alternative Sources, Biodiesel Production Methods.
- S.Ramadhas*,S.Jayaraj,Muraleedharan.Characterization and effect of using rubber seed as fuel in the compression ignition engines, Renewable Energy, 30 (2005) 795–803.
- Nwafor, G. Rice, A.I. Ogbonna. Effect of advanced injection timing on the performance of rapeseed oil in diesel engines, elsvier,Renewable Energy, 21 (2000) 433-444
- Rahul Krishnaji Bawane, Nilima Baliram Gadge, Dinesh Krishnaji Bawane, Performance Test of CI Engine fueled with Undi Oil Biodiesel under Variation in Injection Pressure, Blend Proportion & Engine Load, JECET, June-August 2015, Sec. A, Volume 4.No.3, 427-436.
- Venkanna B K, Venkataramana Reddy C, Wadawadagi S B.Performance, emission and combustion characteristics of direct injection diesel engine running on rice bran oil / diesel fuel blend. International Journal of Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering, 2009; 2: 131–137.
- Murugu M. K. K., Mohanraj T. And Rajamohan G “Investigation On The Performance Of Diesel Engine Using Various Bio-Fuels And The Effect Of Temperature Variation” Journal of Sustainable Development, Volume-2,No.3,November 2009.
- Bajpai S, Sahoo P K, Das L M. Feasibility of blending karanja vegetable oil in petro-diesel and utilization in a direct injection diesel engine. Fuel, 2009; 88: 705–711.
- Agarwal A K, Rajamanoharan K. Experimental Investigations of performance and emissions of karanja oil and its blends in a single cylinder agricultural, diesel engine. Applied Energy, 2009; 86: 106–112.
- Silvio C.A. de Almeidaa, Carlos Rodrigues Belchiora, Marcos V.G. Nascimentob,Leonardo dos S.R. Vieirab, Guilherme Fleuryb, Performance of a diesel generator fuelled with palm oil, elsvier, 81 (2002) 2097–2102
- Schlick M L, Hanna M A, Scinstock J L. Soya bean and sunflower oil performance in a diesel engine. Transactions of ASAE, 1988; 31: 1345 –9.
|Published in :
||Volume 2 | Issue 4 | July-August - 2016
|Date of Publication
Cite This Article
Rahul Krishnaji Bawane, Nilima Baliram Gadge, Dinesh Krishnaji Bawane, "Biodiesel - Future Need to Substitute Diesel Fuel For CI Engine : A Review ", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science, Engineering and Technology(IJSRSET), Print ISSN : 2395-1990, Online ISSN : 2394-4099, Volume 2, Issue 4, pp.227-232, July-August-2016.
URL : http://ijsrset.com/IJSRSET162454.php