As the use of the internet increases day by day, Cloud Computing becomes popular technology among users, customers, in scientific field and industries. The customers are attracted towards the Cloud due to its offers like on-demand network access, reduced space, pay-per-use service, flexibility, scalability etc. Though the tremendous use of cloud computing, there are some barriers to adoption. Performance, security, availability, quality of service are the main challenges and issues cloud computing has to face. One of the most barriers is the security because users have to share their information among the cloud nodes. The location of information storage is not known to the user. User only uses the services provided by the cloud. In this paper, we proposed a new solution which presents the Graphical Authentication System with fragmentation and replication technique. The graphical password authentication provides a security and usability of the proposed system. Here in this system, when user upload any file that the file is fragmented and replicated to provide a better security and performance in terms of access time. Fragmentation avoids the single point failure situation and replication improves the availability as well as performance. T-coloring method is used to assign the fragments and their replicas to improve the security.
Radhika Chavan, Prof. S. Y. Raut
Cloud Security, Fragmentation, Graphical Password Authentication, Replication, Performance
- Mazhar Ali, Kashif Bilal, Samee U. Khan, Bharadwaj Veeravalli, Keqin Li, and Albert Y. Zomaya ,DROPS: Division and Replication of Data in Cloud for Optimal Performance and Security, IEEE Transactions On Cloud Computing,2015.
- Keiko Hashizume, David G Rosado, Eduardo Fernndez Medina, Eduardo B Fernandez, An analysis of security issues for cloud computing,Journal of Internet Services and Applications,2013.
- L. M. Kaufman, Data security in the world of cloud computing, IEEE Security and Privacy, Vol. 7, No. 4, 2009.
- Shraddha M. Gurav, Leena S. Gawade, Prathamey K. Rane, Nilesh R. Khochare , Graphical Password Authentication Cloud securing scheme , 2014 International Conference on Electronic Systems, Signal Processing and Computing Technologies,2014 IEEE .
- Manisha Kalkal, Sona Malhotra, Replication for Improving Availability and Balancing Load in Cloud Data Centres, International Journal of Advanced Research in Computer Science and Software Engineering, Volume 5, Issue 4, 2015.
- Yang Tang, Patrick P.C. Lee, John C.S. Lui and Radia Perlman, Secure Overlay Cloud Storage with Access Control and Assured Deletion, IEEE Transactions On Dependable And Secure Computing, Vol. 9, No. 6, November/December 2012.
- A. Mei, L. V. Mancini, and S. Jajodia,Secure dynamic fragment and replica allocation in large-scale distributed file systems, IEEE transactions on Parallel and Distributed Systems, Vol. 14, No. 9, 2003.
- D.Boru, D.Kliazovich, F.Granelli, P.Bouvry,and A.Y.Zoma ya, Energy-efficient data replication in cloud computing datacenters, In IEEE Globecom Workshops, 2013,
- Bharti Dhote,A.M.Kanthe,Secure Approach for Data in Cloud Computing, International Journal of Computer Applications (0975 8887) Volume 64 No.22, February 2013.
- S. U. Khan, and I. Ahmad, “Comparison and analysis of ten static heuristics-based Internet data replication techniques,” Journal of Parallel and Distributed Computing, Vol. 68, No. 2, 2008.
- J. J. Wylie, M. Bakkaloglu, V. Pandurangan, M. W. Bigrigg, S. Oguz, K. Tew, C. Williams, G. R. Ganger, and P. K. Khosla, “Selecting the right data distribution scheme for a survivable storage system,” Carnegie Mellon University, Technical Report CMU-CS-01-120, May 2001.
|Published in :
||Volume 2 | Issue 4 | July-August - 2016
|Date of Publication
Cite This Article
Radhika Chavan, Prof. S. Y. Raut, "Providing Security to Data in Cloud by Using new Methodology Fragmentation and Replication ", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science, Engineering and Technology(IJSRSET), Print ISSN : 2395-1990, Online ISSN : 2394-4099, Volume 2, Issue 4, pp.290-294, July-August-2016.
URL : http://ijsrset.com/IJSRSET162461.php