A wireless sensor network is a group of specialized transducers with a communications infrastructure for monitoring and recording conditions at diverse locations. Commonly monitored parameters are temperature, humidity, pressure, wind direction and speed, illumination intensity, vibration intensity, sound intensity, power-line voltage, chemical concentrations, pollutant levels and vital body functions. To design these networks, the factors needed to be considered are the coverage area, mobility, power consumption, communication capabilities etc. In this paper a survey is given regarding the architecture design issues, classification of protocols. The paper explores with research issues for the realization of networks.
C. Naveeth Babu, Dr. K. Karthikeyan
Wireless Sensor Networks, Applications, Design Issues, Architecture Design, Routing Protocols.
- Rajashree V.Biradar., Patil, V.C., Dr.Sawant, S.R., Dr.Mudholkar, RR.,(2009) “Classification and Comparison of Routing Protocols in Wireless Sensor Networks”, Special Issue on Ubiquitous computing Security systems. Vol 4, No 2, pp.704-711
- Akyildiz, I.F., Su.W., subramaniam.Y.S, Cayirci, E., (2002) “Wireless Sensor Networks: A Survey”, Computer Networks Vol 38, No 4, pp 393-422.
- Luis Javeir Garcia Villalba, Ana Lucila Sandoval Oroco Alicia Trivino Cabera and Claudia Jacy Barenco Abbas, (2009) “Routing Protocols in Wireless Sensor Networks”, Sensors Vol 9, No 10 pp 8399 - 8421
- Gowrishankar. S, Basavaraju, T .G., Manjaiah, D.H., Subir Kumar Sarkar, WCE (2008) “Issues In Wireless Sensor Networks”, Vol I, pp 56 - 64
- Mohammad S.Al-fares, Zhili Sun, haitham Cruickshank, (2009) “High Survivable Routing Protocol in Self Organizing Wireless Sensor Network”, IAENG International Journal of Computer Science, Vol 36, No 2, pp 147 - 156
- Jian Wan, Daomin Yuan, Xianghua Xu, (2008) “A review of Routing Protocols in Wireless Sensor Networks”, IEEE Xplore.
- Milos Jevtic, Nikola Zogovic, Goran Dimic, (2009)“Evaluation of Wireless Sensor Network Simulators”, 17th Telecommunications forum TELFOR. pp 1303 - 1306
- Kay Romer, Friedemann Mattern (2004) “The Design Space of Wireless Sensor Networks”, IEEE Wireless Communications, Vol 11 (6), pp. 54-61
- Krishnamachari, B., Estrin, D., Wicke, S.,(2002) “Modeling data centric routing in wireless sensor networks”, in the Proceedings of IEEE INFOCOM, New York.
- Tilaketal, S., (2002) “A taxonomy of wireless Micro sensor network models: Mobile Computing and Communications” Review 6, No 2, pp.28–36.
|Published in :
||Volume 2 | Issue 4 | July-August - 2016
|Date of Publication
Cite This Article
C. Naveeth Babu, Dr. K. Karthikeyan, "A Study of Architecture and Routing Protocols used in Wireless Sensor Networks", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science, Engineering and Technology(IJSRSET), Print ISSN : 2395-1990, Online ISSN : 2394-4099, Volume 2, Issue 4, pp.380-385, July-August-2016.
URL : http://ijsrset.com/IJSRSET162462.php