In cloud storage users can remotely store their data without the burden of local data storage and maintainance. Data security and data integrity for the outsourced data in the cloud becomes difficult and facing different types of problems. Fault tolerance is also necessary for security of the data in the cloud. Regenerating code is the concept which got the importance because of their lower bandwidth while providing fault tolerance. Last remote checking methods for regenerating coded data provides just private auditing which keeps data holders always online because of that auditing as well as repairing becomes difficult. In this paper we are going to develop a dynamic auditing system for the regenerating code based secure cloud storage. In order to develop the solution for the regeneration problem of failed authenticators when data holders are not present, we make a proxy, which is used to regenerate the authenticators, in the traditional public auditing scheme. Thus our system can almost release data holders from online load. Our system gives more efficiency and can be possibly combined with the regenerating secure cloud based storage.
Satish Shelar, Prof. S. Y. Raut
Cloud Storage, Regenerating Code, Public Auditing, Dynamic Auditing, Privacy Preserving, Proxy
- M. Armbrust et al., Above the clouds: A Berkeley view of cloud computing, Dept. Elect. Eng. Comput. Sci., Univ. California, Berkeley, CA, USA, Tech. Rep. UCB/EECS-2009-28, 2009.
- G. Ateniese et al., Provable data possession at untrusted stores, in Proc. 14th ACM Conf. Comput. Commun. Secur. (CCS), New York, NY, USA, 2007, pp. 598609.
- J. He, Y. Zhang, G. Huang, Y. Shi, and J. Cao, Distributed data possession checking for securing multiple replicas in geographically dispersed clouds, J. Comput. Syst. Sci., vol. 78, no. 5, pp. 13451358, 2012.
- B. Chen, R. Curtmola, G. Ateniese, and R. Burns, Re-mote data checking for network coding-based distributed storage systems, in Proc. ACM Workshop Cloud Comput. Secur. Workshop, 2010, pp. 3142. .
- H. C. H. Chen and P. P. C. Lee, Enabling data integrity pro-tection in regenerating-coding-based cloud storage: Theory and implementation, IEEE Trans. Parallel Distrib. Syst., vol. 25, no. 2, pp. 407416, Feb. 2014.
- K. Yang and X. Jia, An efficient and secure dynamic au-diting protocol for data storage in cloud computing, IEEE Trans. Parallel Distrib. Syst., vol. 24, no. 9, pp. 17171726, Sep. 2013.
- Y. Zhu, H. Hu, G.-J. Ahn, and M. Yu, Cooperative provable data possession for integrity verification in multicloud storage, IEEE Trans. Parallel Distrib. Syst., vol. 23, no. 12, pp. 22312244, Dec. 2012.
- A. G. Dimakis, K. Ramchandran, Y. Wu, and C. Suh, A survey on network codes for distributed storage, Proc. IEEE, vol. 99, no. 3, pp. 476489, Mar. 2011.
- Y. Hu, H. C. H. Chen, P. P. C. Lee, and Y. Tang, NCCloud: Applying network coding for the storage repair in a cloud-of-clouds, in Proc. USENIX FAST, 2012, p. 21.
- C. Wang, Q. Wang, K. Ren, and W. Lou, Privacy-preserving public auditing for data storage security in cloud computing, in Proc. IEEE INFOCOM, Mar. 2010, pp. 19
- C. Wang, S. S. M. Chow, Q. Wang, K. Ren, and W. Lou, Privacy-preserving public auditing for secure cloud storage, IEEE Trans. Comput., vol. 62, no. 2, pp. 362375, Feb. 2013J. Misic and V. B. Misic, Implementation of security policy for clinical information systems over wireless sensor networks, Ad Hoc Networks,vol.5, no.1, pp.134-144, Jan 2007.
- C. Wang, Q. Wang, K. Ren, N. Cao, and W. Lou, Toward secure and dependable storage services in cloud comput-ing, IEEE Trans. Service Comput., vol. 5, no. 2, pp. 220232, Apr./Jun. 2012.
- Y. Deswarte, J.-J. Quisquater, and A. Sadane, Remote integrity checking, in Integrity and Internal Control in Information Systems VI. Berlin, Germany: Springer-Verlag, 2004, pp. 111.
- G. Ateniese, R. Di Pietro, L. V. Mancini, and G. Tsudik, Scalable and efficient provable data possession, in Proc. 4th Int. Conf. Secur. Privacy Commun. Netw., 2008, Art. ID 9.
- C. Erway, A. Kp, C. Papamanthou, and R. Tamassia, Dynamic provable data possession, in Proc. 16th ACM Conf. Comput. Commun. Secur., 2009, pp. 213222.
- Q. Wang, C. Wang, J. Li, K. Ren, and W. Lou, Enabling public verifiability and data dynamics for storage security in cloud computing, in Computer Security. Berlin, Ger-many: Springer-Verlag, 2009, pp. 355370.
- S. G. Worku, C. Xu, J. Zhao, and X. He, Secure and efficient privacy preserving public auditing scheme for cloud storage, Comput. Elect. Eng., vol. 40, no. 5, pp. 17031713, 2013.
- ] Jian Liu, Kun Huang, Hong Rong, Huimei Wang, and Ming Xian, Privacy-Preserving Public Auditing for Regenerating-Code-Based Cloud Storage, in IEEE Trans. on information forensics and security , vol.. 10,no. 7, July 2015.
|Published in :
||Volume 2 | Issue 4 | July-August - 2016
|Date of Publication
Cite This Article
Satish Shelar, Prof. S. Y. Raut, "Privacy Preserving and Dynamic Auditing for Outsourced Storages in Cloud", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science, Engineering and Technology(IJSRSET), Print ISSN : 2395-1990, Online ISSN : 2394-4099, Volume 2, Issue 4, pp.331-335, July-August-2016.
URL : http://ijsrset.com/IJSRSET162465.php